Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frizzy/wirey hair/story/pics
11-26-2011, 06:54 AM,
Frizzy/wirey hair/story/pics
Hey guys I stumbled on this forum from another website and if it wasnt for the forum I dont think I would of ever thought about doing this but I def want to give it a whirl. Ive always had bad hair, realy frizzy and when i started losing my hair @ 22 due to dying/chemicals I have been devastated. My hair loss has impacted my life in ways that well, I dont want to get into but pretty bad. I have spent countless hours thinking about it and trying to get my hair to look good with not very good results. Anyways, Ive been wearing a hat for the past 8 years (Im 30) and I AM DONE. I have had a hair transplant and it wasnt close to where I want. A comb over from the back and sides with couvre is what I sport if I go to a wedding or something like that wich doesnt make me look bald due to my frizzy hair but it looks like lumpy and un natural as I have to style it with wax wave and groom because nothing else works on my hair to keep it wear i want. Anyways, I just have a few questions, since I have frizzy/wirey hair, its not normal and I was wondering if I get a topper I am afraid if I let my sides and back grow out to much the hair type wont match the top part (I really doubt my hair type is something that is sold). If my side/back hair is buzzed at a 3 will it look ok with the topper because as you can see in the pics it doesnt look that bad but when its grown out it looks nothing like that. Afroy almost. Also if someone can post a newby thread about glues and tape so I dont have to ask a bunch of questions that would be great. And if you could give me some pointers on what piece I should get that would be great also. Im not to corncerned about the hairline that much right now as I plan on stlying my hair down. Also, about applying glue, how does it stick if you have to wait for it to dry before applying your piece? Another question, if I decide to go with freestyle do I have to put arrows on the template in wich direction I want my hair to go? Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-26-2011, 07:44 AM,
RE: Frizzy/wirey hair/story/pics
Pics are a bit big to see properly..you can easily re-size them using this http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ If you want to
remove the present ones, click the `edit post` button on the right-hand side under your post..then click `full edit`.. just scroll
down a little and you`ll see the attachment tabs...you can just remove them there very easily...just load on the `new`ones.
It`s best to set your `capture image` size to the smallest setting/figure on your camera, before taking the shots.
From what I can see so far, it`s do-able , but I`d have to see more clearly.
Freestyle is just that --`free`--hair is not tied/ventilated into any particular direction so you can `train` it, to an extent, to lie into
a general style
11-26-2011, 08:04 AM,
I resized them, hope the pics are clear. Thanks.
11-26-2011, 10:19 AM,
yep..that`s a lot easier to see now... your side hair looks pretty much ok --might be a little tricky due it`s present density....you`ll have to get a good match, but if you let John have a decent/clear pic., he`ll know what would be the best density to order. Make a template of your bald area.... you can use this tutorial [there are others on `Youtube`--just type in `lace hair system template `] http://s768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325...ideshow%3E Hover your cursor over each pic. for instructions/steps.
The general `rule`is to re-create what you had [lost] in terms of `look`/style....certainly for your first system....you can maybe `experiment`a bit in later orders. I`ve pasted one of your pics...drew a line where your hair seems to be parted/changes direction..... you could use that `line`as your perimeter `point`. The temple area can be a little tricky..but just use your best judgement to follow your natural hairline...you can easily locate your very front hairline-point by frowning..your forehead skin will crease a bit but your scalp skin will not so you`ll see where the scalp `ends`..... you can mark the line/contour from there around to each temple by using the back spine of a comb or even a Biro [pen] with the cap on it..... the mark will be quite visible for quite a a while, so you`ll be able to see it through your cling-film and you can trace it onto the film with marker. There was a guy on a while back and he had hair just like yours and he was able to wear a front partial system..looked really good too. Have a look at the `curl`which is available http://www.toplace.com/style-options.html#curlandwave
There are many threads and posts down the forum there covering newbies start-up supplies lists..... there was one a while back titled [something like] `have I left anything out`..just have a read down there-- I know there`s a lot of information /topics covered but taking time to go through many of them will arm you well with many tips and hints..there are many links posted in the threads to give you a good selection of bonding /cleaning/ care products.....so well-worth going through as many as you can and doing your research. You asked about glue being dry before bonding.... not quite dry but extremely tacky [almost dry]....glues often take a full 24 hours before being fully `cured` which is why strenuous exercise should be avoided for a day after bonding..the heat/sweat can weaken the glue and cause an early bond-failure.
Short/er hair styles can be a bit `less forgiving` than longer ones, so, while I understand your hair `behaves `better when short, I `d leave it come out just a little bit so you have `something`to blend onto...... less of a visibility issue . Also , all systems come with 6-inch hair length by default......there`s no point in you ordering that as you `ll be wearing yours fairly short anyway so it will be easier for a stylist to work with hair of, let`s say 4 -inches length..even at that, there`ll still be a lot which will end up on the floor ! The main thing is get your template made, enclose a good hair-sample and John will help you pick a good density/style ..if possible, send him a pic of you when you had all your own hair and as you are now..... you`ll probably have other questions, so you can post them....get cracking on your template--take your time with it.....you may have to try it a few times before you are happy with it...hope some other wearers will give an opinion...best wishes.
--------------------------------------

Attached Files Image(s)

11-26-2011, 10:34 AM,
Thanks alot, thats some good info there. I really dont want the curly hair as Ive wanted straight hair my whole life, so if i go with a wave and keep my side hair short on the sides it should be good... hopefully. My plan is to let my hair grow all winter, order in the spring and tell everyone i had my hair straightened. Ill try the template out this week and post if I have any problems, thanks again for your info.
11-26-2011, 11:37 AM,
As you mentioned you might be able to get away with less wave in the unit hair if you keep your growing hair shorter. Just going to have to try it and see what works out. You might want to order something a little curlier than you would prefer for your first unit and adjust accordingly on subsequent orders. Once you get a couple of these in your hands and start tweaking them you will figure out pretty quickly what will work and what won't, but it's better to err on the side of caution for your first order.

Good luck, hope to see pics when you get your first unit!