Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price increase on Jan. 1
11-26-2011, 05:39 AM,
Price increase on Jan. 1
I have just been notified by the factory that they will be increasing prices on Jan. 1. Last year they increased prices on Jan. 1 also and Toplace did not pass the increase on to our customers. By cutting costs, managing expenses and reducing our already thin margins we were able to maintain the same pricing we had for the last 6 years. But this time we just won't be able to do that. The cost of labor and hair is going up. As competitors will also be increasing their prices we intend to still be a low cost/high quality supplier of hair to people world wide. I'll let you know what the new prices will be when I get more info from the factory.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
11-27-2011, 05:43 PM,
RE: Price increase on Jan. 1
Oh Great...after years of wanting to do this.... I decide to jump in and put some hair on my scalp...now a price increase...LOL I better stock up.
I understand though.

: (
11-28-2011, 08:05 PM,
how much will it be roughly? Are we talking about ten dollars or more? I think i will buy two pieces then in december.

Btw where are the other comments in this thread, yesterday there were people talking about shipping prizes? Or is this a new thread?
11-28-2011, 10:38 PM,
Hi Ruulkasar.... read the last line of John`s post there--he will advise us when he knows. Yes there were some posts yesterday..... a figure was mentioned which was relating to courier delivery AND importation duty,so gave a misleading impression of the standard delivery cost and was removed.....the shipping charges are stated at `checkout` if ordering on-line and you can choose courier company delivery or normal United States mail delivery as far as I can remember. I think the usual delivery charge is about 40$ or so.
11-29-2011, 12:14 AM,
Paul, does the price we pay for shipping at the time of ordering also include importation duty? How does Toplace know what the import duty is going to be or if the customer will even be charged import duty? Is it all paid upfront at the beginning when placing the order?
11-29-2011, 12:25 AM,
No, Hairenough.... the importation duty is levied by the customs people in whatever country a person happens to be living in ,at whatever rate is levied in that country...... there is a thread further down the forum there titled `Customs`..have a read of that. Toplace simply charges shipping from USA-- when the item arrives into any country outside USA it can be opened/inspected by customs and duty levied if they deem it liable ..the customer can decide whether they want Courier-delivery or U.S. postal service [cheaper]...... thus far, I have never been charged import duty in Ireland--my deliveries have always arrived unopened, and delivered by the Irish mail service, requiring signature on delivery. Maybe I`m just `lucky`so far......... I read recently, for example, the U.K customs can and do charge duty on real hair systems yet they exempt synthetic ones ! Toplace cannot and does not collect duty on behalf of various customs services..... duty [if levied] is chargeable once an item crosses a border and is payable/paid locally.
11-29-2011, 05:10 AM,
I checked with the factory and they said that the price increase will be more than $10. When the factory last increased prices on 1/1/11 Toplace did not pass that increase on to customers---we tightened up. Other suppliers raised their prices and now will have to pass on a second price increase in 2 years to their customers. China has a high inflation rate and the price of hair and labor is going up. As soon as I get exact numbers from the factory I'll let everyone know what the new price will be.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
12-01-2011, 06:59 AM,
Let me say something... I am not a fan of price increases who is.. however.. I rather pay a price increase to toplace and get the same quality system I got last time then pay a cheaper price and not get my system for a year, or have the specs totally fucked up. I was very impressed with last hair system I got from John.. density, color and ventilation were spot on.

What i mean in a previous post, I have heard BA never paid the factories and got himself into a huge hole.. I think one of the main contributions BA has made is kept the prices down because of his allegedly shady dealings.
12-01-2011, 03:38 PM,
I agree...I am not happy with price increases, but after being ripped of by a local hair replacement center and not being pleased at all...I did my research and happen to find Toplace.
I order a Swiss Lace System...I explained to John what I was looking for...placed my order... a few weeks later my shipment came in... I was amazed at the quality, the color was perfect, density was awesome... at less than half of what the local place charged me for a stock unit... that was way to dark and density way to thick...a system I only wore home and took it off.
I am now waiting for my Thin Skin system....like a kid waiting for Santa.
Thanks for your help John.