Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is swiss front plus french base still the best combo today?
11-25-2011, 05:07 PM,
Is swiss front plus french base still the best combo today?
Im in the process of ordering a new full cap. I keep hearing that the best combo for a HS is a swiss lace front and a french lace base. But is this truly the best combo in terms of appearance and durability? Poly perimeters and mono materials are out of the question for me. Other than that, what do the experts in this forum think about what is the best base material combo out in the market today?
Is swiss lace still the best material out there to achieve the best hairline?
Is french lace base still the best material for the base in terms of appearance and durability?

Is swiss lace front plus french lace old news? All these new generation, Ilace, Rage, thinskin materials sound tempting, but are they leaving to the hype? Any experts that have switched to a combo using this materials because they are better in both appearance and durability?
11-25-2011, 11:22 PM,
RE: Is swiss front plus french base still the best combo today?
(11-25-2011, 05:07 PM)CharlieHarper Wrote: Im in the process of ordering a new full cap. I keep hearing that the best combo for a HS is a swiss lace front and a french lace base. But is this truly the best combo in terms of appearance and durability? Poly perimeters and mono materials are out of the question for me. Other than that, what do the experts in this forum think about what is the best base material combo out in the market today?
Is swiss lace still the best material out there to achieve the best hairline?
Is french lace base still the best material for the base in terms of appearance and durability?

Is swiss lace front plus french lace old news? All these new generation, Ilace, Rage, thinskin materials sound tempting, but are they leaving to the hype? Any experts that have switched to a combo using this materials because they are better in both appearance and durability?

I started out with a French Swiss combo and went to all Swiss. It depends on how you treat your piece. French is more durable and Swiss is more undetectable. I am very kind to my pieces, and have had no durability issues with Swiss. All my old pieces were replaced, because the hair had faded and dried out after 5 or 6 months, but the lace was still in good shape. I have been thinking about trying a thinskin with a Swiss front, but haven't taken the plunge. Some people swear by thinskin. Swiss works best for me, because I expose my hairline, and wear a defined right part, and expose plenty of scalp. Having said all this, I only wear a topper, so I don't know if there are other issues regarding base materials with a full cap.
11-26-2011, 11:29 AM,
RE: Is swiss front plus french base still the best combo today?
It's always a compromise. If you want the ultimate in comfort and less potential for detection by touch, an all swiss lace unit is the way to go, but it's not going to last as long as a french lace based unit. The french base/ swiss hairline combo works well because the durability of the french lace is an acceptable tradeoff in most people's opinion.

Whatever you do though, make sure you get the unit reinforced at the point where the sideburn meet the ear, especially if you are getting swiss lace in this area. Unless you get french lace in that area of a double layer of swiss it will literally disintegrate from the stress.