Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you do touch ups with a different glue?
11-23-2011, 06:17 PM,
Can you do touch ups with a different glue?
for example, I bonded with davlyn green. and i want to do my touch up with orwg or ultra hold. Is this possible?
11-23-2011, 07:09 PM,
RE: Can you do touch ups with a different glue?
you can use whatever you like...any `new`glue won`t interfere with the `present`one.
11-23-2011, 08:14 PM,
and do you have to do some type of cleanup when touching up? or is it as simple as jut taking a tooth pick and putting the glue there and waiting for it to dry before pressing down
11-23-2011, 08:56 PM,
No--don`t do anything like using alcohols onto the existing bond or you`ll de-bond it....for small `lifts` just dab on a bit of fresh glue under the `lift`and let it `cure`almost dry and press the lace down onto it then.
01-21-2012, 07:37 PM,
im confused now.. so for a touch up im not supposed to use alcohol? i guess il go to sleep and do my touch up in the morning when im more sure of what to do and i got a reply from someone experienced like paul
01-21-2012, 09:46 PM,
It depends on what the underlying-glue is like...is it gone very tacky or begun to break -down?... usually the glue is still quite `sound`on the skin...just that the lace has lifted from it.....applying a little fresh glue on top of the existing glue will do the trick....if the glue has become `unstable` or kind of messy, you`ll have to remove it with a solvent or glue-melter which has been applied to a soft cloth ....this can be `fiddly`/ tricky as you can often end up with more of the system lifting than just that one area..... I think you`re using Ultrahold now [ your other thread-question said so] ...those acrylic glues can be `stringy`...best way to apply them is dip your applicator [coffee-stirrer or whatever] into the bottle, then lift it out....allow the excess glue to run off /drip back into the bottle naturally...don`t `tip`the applicator off the rim of the jar to remove it or you`ll end up with these long strings of glue hanging off the applicator...allow all the excess to run off /drip back into the bottle itself and then you can apply it to the required spot under your lace. Chances are it`s just that the lace has come free of the glue rather than the glue actually breaking-down. A light/fresh layer of glue can usually do the trick without using alcohols etc..... I did a reply on your other thread in which I suggest that you may need an extra layer of glue at the initial bonding, to avoid lace coming free like this....suggest it to your stylist and see if that helps next time.