Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reduce density.
11-23-2011, 02:26 PM,
reduce density.
I have normally had a lot of luck doing this with TL units before. All I had to do was put conditioner on the had and come it heavier then normal. I normally do this when they are new because I can never get my density numbers right ( working on that ). This most recent unit is thicker then I like and I want to reduce it slowly so Its hard to notice. I can not get it to shed? The knots are so sealed its impossible with out ripping the lace. Anyone know how to do this at home. Eventually I will be able to send it back for repairs but do to unfortunate events I only have the one unit.
11-23-2011, 04:28 PM,
RE: reduce density.
I've seen people make posts saying they reduce density using Nair (Hair removing creme) and applying it to knots, using the end of a matchstick, one knot at a time.
They must do this from the underside of the hair piece.
You have to be very thorough washing the lace afterwards making sure you don't just spread the creme and its effects.
11-23-2011, 05:12 PM,
There have been posts about plucking hairs at the hairline to reduce density there. The results look good. Is this not possible to do throughout the rest of the piece as well?
11-23-2011, 07:17 PM,
It would be very tedious and and can put `pressure`on your lace from tugging hair out ....it`s easier to thin using `Nair` and thoroughly rinse it off as Hersute has said.