Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Showering
11-22-2011, 04:39 PM,
Showering
What's the proper way to shower with a hairpiece? I shower every day but don't want to damage the piece. Should I wear a shower cap? Also, I'll be using styling products... do you typically wash it out each day and reapply, or leave the product in for an extended period?
11-23-2011, 09:00 AM,
RE: Showering
depends really on the glue, adhesive,
water based or solvent based
cant comment on tapes havent used tapes in my wearing game yett,
on the whole the peice isint going to dropp of youre head just because youve been in the shower,the bond will, could, loosen slightley depending on the temp.
but heres the thing it aint a bigg deal,
just watch the front hairline,you will prob have to do a touch up,
protect the hair with a shower cap, really you dont want to be washing the hair everyday.
this will greatly extend the life of the peice.
you should be washing the hair once in every 3 weeks,
offcourse this depends on youre lifestlye, work, hobbies,temp of the country you live in, ect
just search the posts threads for , washing, showering, bonding.
regards
anthony
11-23-2011, 11:31 AM,
Thanks Anthony, that's really helpful. What about if you decide to use products in your hair? Do you just leave them in and sleep with it in there? Or do you rinse out daily and reapply?
11-23-2011, 11:40 AM,
I use non water base for shows, and never have issue. YES, always check that hair line. When I used water base I had to blow dry completely or eventually it pulls up. Also I had to wet my hair sparingly. With non water base I just stand right under the flow of water. I also go swimming under water with no issues. I use davlyn black.
11-23-2011, 07:03 PM,
In other words, how often do you wash styling product out of your piece?
11-23-2011, 07:06 PM,
(11-23-2011, 07:03 PM)egghead Wrote: In other words, how often do you wash styling product out of your piece?

I wash my piece twice a week, if I feel a product build up between washings, I will rinse my hair in the shower, no shampoo.
11-23-2011, 07:57 PM,
Thanks!!