Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davlyn Black or Green ?
11-21-2011, 04:09 PM,
Davlyn Black or Green ?
Hey ...

I remember reading a post recently with a tip about which Davlyn might be a good first try, based on how well Ultra Hold worked for you.

It said something like, "If Ultra Hold works for you, try Davlyn ____ label, if Ultra Hold doesn't, try the other ..."

I haven't been able to locate the post or thread with a variety of search attempts. Does anyone know of this guideline ?

I'm willing to try both, just wondering about a good first guess ...

Thanks,
FB
11-21-2011, 05:06 PM,
RE: Davlyn Black or Green ?
Furball, I have a lot of experience with these glues. My guess is it was me...

Davlyn Green: Works best for Ultra hold users. Also I here it works better for all lace.
Davlyn Black: works best for while glue users. Also tends to be better for poly base units.

For me I use black. Ultra hold gives me a 4 day hold where o.r.w.g gives me a week hold. When I tried green I got a 5 day hold, and black held up for a week. Both under water conditions. I use a thin layer of ( what was once called lase sealer ) to make a poly perimeter. I do this so I can put the glue directly on the unit. I do my front line the normal way. I like this because it keep glue out of my hair better. So that maybe why black is better for me.
11-21-2011, 07:59 PM,
(11-21-2011, 05:06 PM)ulao Wrote: Furball, I have a lot of experience with these glues. My guess is it was me...

Davlyn Green: Works best for Ultra hold users. Also I here it works better for all lace.
Davlyn Black: works best for while glue users. Also tends to be better for poly base units.

For me I use black. Ultra hold gives me a 4 day hold where o.r.w.g gives me a week hold. When I tried green I got a 5 day hold, and black held up for a week. Both under water conditions. I use a thin layer of ( what was once called lase sealer ) to make a poly perimeter. I do this so I can put the glue directly on the unit. I do my front line the normal way. I like this because it keep glue out of my hair better. So that maybe why black is better for me.

Cool ... thanks, ulao

That's very helpful as my results w/ Ultra Hold mirror yours ... about 4 days. If I use it at back and sides, it will last longer ... but at the front, 3-5 days and it will start lifting. I haven't gotten to try ORWG yet.

I also appreciated learning something about your attachment technique. What is the product you use that used to be called Lace Sealer? I'm also curious why you prefer this method, rather than just ordering lace w/ a poly perimeter ...

Thanks again ...

FB
11-23-2011, 11:49 AM,
I use a product called fabric fusion. Its the only alternative to lase sealer I could find. DONT USE UP FRONT, it shines! I started wearing and had this issue where my templates never matched my missing hair well. So I always ended up gluing my unit down in the glue by the units hair. And for me, It was so messy to clean up. So I heard about lase sealer and that fixed my clean issues. Well I ran out of lase sealer and Marc ( the maker, when MIA ). So I now use Fabric Fusion. I put the glue up front on my head to get the right alignment, then lay back the lase. The lace has this fabric fusion on it and I put the glue on it instead so that lase lays back more like a sticker. Now when I go to clean up, I just use my finger nails to scrap it of after soaking in removers for a bit. I like to use backing soda to loosen it up as it works the best for me.

Now, as for poly parims, that stuff is way to stiff for me. I get these points where the lase folds and I have a fin sticking up back! Yeah it could be fixed by getting a close template, but that is easier said then done. Also the poly gets noticeable after some shedding.

I prefer the Fabric fusion because its flexible. You can put it on really thin also. To put it on ( its viscus mind you ) you just spread it on like peanut butter. I use a q-tip. Go really light at first. I give it 8 hours to dry before adding glue to it. 24 before showering. Nothing get this stuff off once dry! If you mess up during ( get it in the hair ) you can wash it out with hot water. I find only a line of this stuff 1/4 inch think is all I need. This stuff will also fix tears.

BTW: ORWG with no exposure to water can go 11 days for me. I still use it for touch ups because davyln for me does not touch up at all!. I use alcohol on the area that lifted up and clean it with a q-tip, then put on ORWG dry and press down.