Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recommended tapes & tips for hairlines
11-21-2011, 01:17 PM,
recommended tapes & tips for hairlines
I've been using ORWG for a while which works very well for me in terms of hold, but it's a rough clean up; much of it tends to stay on the lace and it results in needing 4 or 5 mirror slides to get it clean. I'm thinking about moving to all tape to make wearing easier, but I'd still like to show a little hairline. A) Is it true that tapes are easier for clean up? B) What tape(s) do you recommend if you want to show some hairline? C) is there anything I can do to make tapes less visible at the hairline?

thanks
11-21-2011, 03:15 PM,
RE: recommended tapes & tips for hairlines
(11-21-2011, 01:17 PM)expriest Wrote: I've been using ORWG for a while which works very well for me in terms of hold, but it's a rough clean up; much of it tends to stay on the lace and it results in needing 4 or 5 mirror slides to get it clean. I'm thinking about moving to all tape to make wearing easier, but I'd still like to show a little hairline. A) Is it true that tapes are easier for clean up? B) What tape(s) do you recommend if you want to show some hairline? C) is there anything I can do to make tapes less visible at the hairline?

thanks

I use Davlyn Black glue for the hairline, and find it to be a very easy clean up. I reattach weekly, and when I release, 95% of the glue, is on my scalp, a real quick mirror slide will sort the lace. Glue is really the best if you are exposing your hairline.
11-21-2011, 07:47 PM,
Walker no-shine is good too [tape] but you can mask any shine from tapes by rubbing a tiny amount of glue onto the surface of the tape and spreading it ....JRob`s Fullcap video shows how to do it before applying the tape to the system etc. I`d recommend any newbies [especially] to get a copy as it covers wearing from making a template, to tape attachment and going for your cut-in, with a lot of hints and tips...if interested, you can check it out at hairjive.com
11-21-2011, 10:30 PM,
I use the ORWG for lace and the clean up used to be a pain.
Especially if I just wanted to re-do the front only.
But then I discovered micofibre (or sometimes spelled MICROFIBER) cloths.
They're small duster type cloths with a 'towel-like' appearance.
If you soften the glue on the lace with a lace release and wipe over with the micofibre cloth, the glue just rolls off the lace.
You can use the cloths on skin too.
Much easier and less messy than the mirror slide.
11-22-2011, 04:22 AM,
Thank you.

Hersute, do you use adhesive remover on the glue on the lace or only lace release?
11-23-2011, 01:48 AM,
so you spray the lace release on the base where the adhesive is?? not adhesive remover right? im going to try that. thanks for the tip
11-23-2011, 03:13 AM,
I personally don't use Lace Release. I use a product from an auto shop that removes grease & tar.
I use that on the lace, glue & skin.
I'm sure its all the same stuff. It just breaks down glue.
Old fashioned lighter fluid does exactly the job, but just doesn't smell that nice!
The only reason I use the stuff I do is that its readily available and I can get it when I need/want it, rather than ordering on-line and waiting around for deliveries.