Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should you try your piece right out the box
11-21-2011, 08:42 AM,
Should you try your piece right out the box
Guys,
Just wondering if you are at all tempted to put your piece on your head when you first get it or do you wait until you can get cut in? Being I should be receiving my first piece in few weeks wondering if the urge to throw it on your head is to overwhelming than waiting for the cut in. If any of you have done it right out the box what were your experiences? Happy/ disappointed? Thanks.
11-21-2011, 09:13 AM,
RE: Should you try your piece right out the box
You`re better off to give it a shampoo / wash to remove factory-residue,especially silicones which can prevent a good bond. It will also help to `dull` the hair a bit which is very shiny from the silicone....also removes some of the `excess` colour in the case of darker hair. Give your system a few gentle brushings over the next few days and mist with water..this all helps to `relax`the hair and take some of the bounce out of it....makes for a more accurate cut-in in my opinion/experience... a system brand new is quite `lively`..if you get it cut-in immediately, it can look different/need further `attention` [trimming] a short time later ...systems need time to settle-in...when you first see a system it can be a bit `scary`..you can wonder how will this ever look ok on me.... if you follow the steps above, and then go for your cut-in, it`ll be ok. Cheers.
11-21-2011, 09:25 AM,
Thanks for the info Paul. When you say shampoo/wash are you referring to just the hair or do you wash the whole piece, like submerge whole thing in water? Best way to dry it afterward?
11-21-2011, 09:31 AM,
Yeah Eric...the whole system.....don`t get 2 carried away with it....just maybe 2 teaspoonfuls of system-friendly shampoo in a sink of luke-warm water..... place it in the water hair-first, so you are looking at the base. Allow to soak for a minute or two and then dunk it in and out a few time....then rinse under running water.....gently squeeze off the excess water and then blot-dry it on a clean towel...do not rub/knead the hair.....gently brush it when nearly dry. You will have loose hairs showing through the base and indeed in the sink..this is perfectly normal....it will all settle down in a few days after a few brush-throughs..there is always loose/stray hairs in a new system and some stuck into the base ...so don`t panic.Silicone on the lace can prevent glues and tapes adhering to the lace so it`s best to give it a wash before your first bond.
11-21-2011, 09:54 AM,
Great info Paul, thanks so much. Had no clue on procedure after receiving my system. Now I have a starting point before my cut in.
11-21-2011, 11:59 AM,
Sorry, forgot one question. If you leave the piece on for say a week, when you get out of shower can you towel dry the piece like you did when you had hair or should you never rub it dry?
11-21-2011, 12:41 PM,
Rubbing is BAD!
Patting is GOOD!
11-21-2011, 07:23 PM,
(11-21-2011, 12:41 PM)Hersute Wrote: Rubbing is BAD!
Patting is GOOD!

Yup....blot-dry only.