Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Customs
11-20-2011, 09:59 PM,
Customs
Hello Smile

I finally decided to order my first system, cause I'm also so tired of using concealers and to put all that drugs into my body, just to hold my current status although I know that I can't win this battle over a long time.

Since I'm very young I definitely don't want that anybody knows I'm ordering hair from overseas. It would be embarrassing for me to go to the customs, if they caught the packet with hair in it and I have to open it for them. I'm living in Germany, so the chance that they will catch it up is relatively high, I'd say.

So, the risk can be minimized if an invoice is put at the outside of the packet.
Is it possible that Toplace place a invoice at the outside of the packet, but NOT with "hairpiece" or something like that on it? Maybe with "hair care products" or something like that?
11-20-2011, 11:10 PM,
RE: Customs
I have 2 old delivery-bags here from John ..there is an invoice document in a clear polythene pouch on the outside of the envelope....ALL the details are on that [sender/recipient etc.] and under ``Detailed description of contents`` is entered ``Plastic Template``. I`ve never had an issue in Ireland with customs/taxes etc. ....my delivery has never been opened. Interestingly, just this week on local radio, people were phoning in to complain about buying items on-line/overseas etc. particularly from outside the E.U. and having to pay import duties etc. It seems that the `problems`arise more often if the item/s are sent using one of the courier companies such as DHL, UPS,TNT, etc. ----the courier guy arrives at the door with your item and you have to pay the taxes before he can hand over the goods..... it seems far less likely when the item is pretty small and inconspicuous and sent by `normal`mail service. Items sent within the EU as you know are not supposed to be taxed etc. but items from outside can attract such taxes...however, a small item such as a hair system for personal use should really not be charged-for. I know you were more concerned with the `privacy`issue but at the end of the day customs can open ANY item coming in to any country should they so-choose. Customs don`t need you to be present to open an item..they can open anything themselves, they have extreme powers of search.Even here, they can enter and search your house without a warrant--even police have to have a warrant....it may be that your envelope could be opened coming in to Germany, however I `m very very doubtful that it would be `held`by them ..they`d simply allow it on it`s way..... if they chose to charge you some duty or tax, you`d probably have to pay the delivery guy...... there are other wearers of Toplace in Germany so hope they can let you know the `routine`! Personally --it wouldn`t bother me even if it came down to it--- if I had to go collect it I`d not be embarrassed ..chances are [ hypothetically] the item would have been opened, re-sealed , and a `charge`notice put on it.... when you turn up to collect/pay, the person on duty wouldn`t even know or care what was in the envelope [had it been opened] ..they `d have to locate it in the warehouse among many other items, so they`d be more concerned with getting the correct package and getting the money off you...but I really think this won`t happen.....I think customs are far more concerned with detecting contraband like drugs etc. in the post than a hair-piece....remember....these guys have literally `seen it all`..your system would be the least of their concern !! If you`re still stressing over it, just get John to send it to me and I`ll send it on to you...that way it`ll be posted from within E.U. .... would only cost me 3 or 4 €. However, no matter where an item has been sent from, any item coming into ANY country can be opened/inspected by customs for their own reasons. Paul.
Took a few pics for you-- note: I have removed the `label`from the polythene so you can see it more clearly.[ I have also blanked out my address etc.]

Attached Files Image(s)

11-21-2011, 03:55 AM,
I am in the U.S. and I order a lot of electronics from China. They ship EMS and always put invoice on outside of package with just the words birthday gift on the outside and none of my packages have ever arrived open and sometimes they are large packages. They are delivered right to my house so never had to pick them up in person.
11-22-2011, 06:04 AM,
Thanks a lot!

Paul you're right. Who cares if someone from the customs sees "plastic template" on the invoice or looks into the envelope. They'll probably forget it the next day anyway.

Thanks again Smile
11-22-2011, 09:40 AM,
And they probaly see a couple of them everyday