Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please motivate me for my cut in tomorrow!
11-22-2011, 10:07 PM,
RE: Please motivate me for my cut in tomorrow!
Thanks guys Smile
besides learning how to look after my unit and figuring out which glues and tapes are best for me..I'm just a few tweaks and adjustments away from completely beating hairloss!
11-23-2011, 03:00 AM,
good for you Elvis, it sounds like you are well on your way to making this work for you. I haven't started wearing yet but i'm in the same situation as you are having had frontal transplants and trying to decide if a partial will work or if a full topper is the better way to go. I ordered a partial system from a local salon because I didn't want to go it alone in the beginning. I didn't have it cut in and probably won't because after receiving the unit I realize that it will be very difficult to pull off due to the difference in hair texture between my own hair and the hair on the unit. Sometimes I think people (including myself) think that a transplanted hairline and a system behind it is the ultimate solution but i'm starting to believe you end up with more limitations this way. So I want to thank you for sharing your experience on the forum, though it helps you get through this tough emotional time it also helps many others like myself who are trying to figure out what direction to take. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you'll keep the forum updated as you perfect this wearing game.
11-23-2011, 04:33 AM,
good luck to too porcupine. I actually reccommend you put the system behind the FIRST row of ur transplants. just for the purpose of hair popping out of ur scalp. It does help make it look more realistic. I just screwed up because i put them far too back behind my transplants. Put it like literally bhind the first row of transplanted hairs. plus i think it would help you when you apply ur glue.. you'll know where to start and end.. the transplants will act as markers.. u know what i mean?
11-23-2011, 05:11 AM,
elvis--- I think you`ll be able to `adjust`that a bit when you do your first de-bond.....trust me.. just `slide`your system a little forward into the position you outlined there to porcupine--even a few millimeters will transform the overall look...and any `gap` between your growing hair and the `back`of your system can be disguised by styling your growing hair `across` and maybe a bit of concealer.... I`ve found that even placing a system slightly too far forward or back from the natural hair line gives a different `look`[for those of us who have no front hair, transplanted or otherwise] so you`ll find the same even with/when utilisng the transplants to `cover`the front of the system.... regards for now , Paul.
11-23-2011, 08:27 AM,
(11-22-2011, 10:07 PM)elvis Wrote: Thanks guys Smile
besides learning how to look after my unit and figuring out which glues and tapes are best for me..I'm just a few tweaks and adjustments away from completely beating hairloss!

Well done, elvis ... glad you did it. As others have said, you're over the biggest hurdle ... facing a big change, shaving some hair, and getting your first unit bonded.

You've also learned something one can only learn by actually doing it, actually having it on your head ... that even if it's not perfect, you know you can make this work for you. I tended to speculate that if it wasn't perfect, it would be obvious and never work ... not true.

I wanted to be more encouraging before your cut in, but my initial experience was not great, and I didn't want to deter you, knowing you would not have the same experience ... I didn't do my due diligence, didn't know about online vendors and the DIY world. So I went to a chain/salon ... got gouged for a lot of money, had an old style mono w/ poly stock piece stuck on my head, questionable color match, way too dense, bad hair line ... the experience was a bit traumatic ...

Still I persevered ... paid even more just to get to the point of getting lace or skin pieces similar to what you can get from John for much less money ... and w/ specs that will be darn close right out of the gate. I had to arrive at this. I knew you would be starting w/ this.

Let us know how it all settles in ...

FB
11-23-2011, 10:57 AM,
Thanks for the advice Elvis. I pretty much know that the partial I ordered isn't going to work because it was just for the crown and I'm positive it's not going to blend well. I'm trying to decide now whether I want to use my transplanted hairline as you suggested or go with a full topper. My hairline is actually really good so it would be a shame to waste it. After seeing the difference in texture with the piece I ordered it freaked me out so I was leaning towards a full topper. I think you may be right though, using the first quarter inch or so of my hairline and then a topper behind should work and not cause as much of a blending issue. Are you planning on styling your hair back or forward? I'd like to do forward and with the hairline up so a real hairline would definately help with this style.
11-23-2011, 06:15 PM,
thanks a lot guys.. You guys have become like family to me. Porcpupine. I have very sparse hairs in my frontal line and i could make it work if i bring it up real close. Since u have lots of hairs in the front i would personally use as much as possible then. Its makes things so much easier if u can leave em behind the transplants. No worries of lace showing etc. I spike my front hair up only while i comb the rest forward... so u see the bottom of my hairline only. Its hard to explain
Im on day 3 and my bond is still going strong. Im waiting for my supplies to come in so im not testing my bonds limits. I did wet it today and its still on tight.
11-24-2011, 03:03 AM,
Good info Elvis, thanks. Just out of curiosity how far back behind your transplants does your current system start? Also how much closer to the hairline are you planning to go with your next order?
11-24-2011, 08:19 AM,
its like a 4th of an inch back. my next order will be likea tenth of an inch. Basically just for the purpose of having a few hairs there that are growing out of my head and the fact that it can serve as a guide so i know where i can stop applying my glue