Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please motivate me for my cut in tomorrow!
11-20-2011, 06:42 PM,
Please motivate me for my cut in tomorrow!
Hey guys, my appointment is tomorrow for my first cut in ever.
Im afraid im going to back down. I havent really considered it yet. but im just afraid when its time i may.
I have a good amount of hair im going to have to shave off.. thats the only part that worries me. i ordered a custom system from john. Could you guys please encourage me with some stories of you first cut in? And how it affected you?
No one thinks i have any hairloss at all, a few of my closest friends noticed concealer by the front of my hair once whom which i told im covering my receding hairline so they dont think its that big of an issue. besides them i havent seen many people in a while because of work. Im self employed so i can take time off whenever i like. my current hair it still pretty dense. Its just the front which has thinned out. i doubt it will be a big change to anyones eyes. but i just thought maybe hearing success stories an fears of first cut ins may help. PLEASE share guys
11-20-2011, 10:24 PM,
RE: Please motivate me for my cut in tomorrow!
I just want let you know that I'm in the same situation as you. Haven't ordered yet, but I also have a good amount of hair left which I have to shave all off. And this is my biggest concern...If I'd be already NW4 or 5 it would probably be much easier. I don't even know how I will look like when I shave all that hair off and let just the sides stand before I put the system on lol
11-20-2011, 10:31 PM,
There have been many such threads ---just go down a few pages to older threads/posts ...all in a similar vein to this one..... as you are self-employed it`s good that you can `avoid` people who know you for a while ..... I`m wondering why you just didn`t consider a front-partial if the crown etc. is still ok? The general wisdom is to hold on to as much of your own hair as possible..... you could still trim the system to make a [wide] partial....approximately ear-to-ear ...that way you get the benefit of a `new`front hairline and you get to keep the `stronger/thicker` hair which sits from [guessing] a few inches back from the front hairline. It might be worth considering before you go removing a load of `good`/thick hair....it would be quite easy to cut the system across so you end up with approx. half it`s present size, which is a `substantial`partial... I always feel that very narrow partials [like and inch or so] must be pretty `fiddly`to work with in terms of bonding, whereas a `decent`sized one would be that bit easier [just me thinking aloud as I`ve never worn one]... I know it`s near `time`for you now and other readers may not respond to this in time to give you more in-put, and ultimately it`s down to your own judgement..... if you think a partial would enable you to keep more of your own growing hair, it might be worth considering. If you go for it, use a sharp blade rather than a scissors to cut across..`.part` the hair so you can clearly see the lace....otherwise if hairs are lying `across`the path of the blade you`ll simply slice them .....use a little blade like a hobby-knife and `pull`the lace slightly so it`s taut ..then you`ll get a nice `clean`cut. Hope that helps and I`d be interested to know what others think and what you finally decide to do..whatever you choose, DO take the leap as you`ll only put off the inevitable anyway..you`ll eventually have to wear as your hair continues to thin and you use more and more messy concealer....I know it`s a bit `11th -hour` but might be worth making a partial ?? Best of luck... Paul.
11-21-2011, 12:00 AM,
paul, I am doing a partial. Remember i said i was ordering a topper which i was going to cut down into a partial depensding on what looks best?? So ya, thats what im planning on doing. But no matter what.. im still going to have to shave hair off because i still have hair everywhere. Its just much thinner in the front. The part im afraid of is that once i shave those hairs in the front.. the hairs behind it will look funny being there and i wont be able to disguise it. anyway.. im still looking for motivation lol. paul, how was ur first cut in? were u already bald when u started wearing?
11-21-2011, 12:09 AM,
You`re `imagining` too much [naturally] .all you`re doing is removing thinner hair and replacing it with `normal` density --it will look fine. Like everyone, after trying to `hold`my thinning hair as long as poss., the psychological leap of finally removing it [what remained] in one fell swoop with an electric shears [took all of 10 seconds !! lol ] was `strange`to say the least..... I sat in the chair, the stylist switched on the clippers ..I closed my eyes .... ten seconds later ``There it was--gone!!`` lol...you`ll be fine..just go for it... and get those pics on here A.S.A.P. !
11-21-2011, 12:39 AM,
thanks paul.. its 3am here and my appointment is in like 11 hours.. and i cant sleep lol
11-21-2011, 12:48 AM,
I know the feeling man..... 1pm here Sunday,so ten hours time-difference.... try 2 get some shut-eye or you`ll be wrecked going in. Just wish you the best with it...you`ll never look back..trust me.
11-21-2011, 01:13 AM,
I don't know how guys blend front patrials into hair behind. The texture and colour are never going to look exactly the same under all light conditions and positioning it so there is no gap whilst making sure there is no overlap is hard. I went the partial route when I started out as I only have temple recesion and all else is thick. But it was too hard to manage so I shaved the whole top off and life is a breeze now.
11-21-2011, 01:37 AM,
hairenough, what color hair do you have? so do you think i should shave all the way back then? like till right before the crown? i kinda wanna keep my crown area. will that be too difficult blend? i have black hair.. i doubt the color difference will be that much. maybe the texture though.
11-21-2011, 01:41 AM,
Well, I honestly can`t see what the difference would be with it, in terms of texture and colour, if it`s a `half-size`or a `full`topper .....I mean the same possible issues can arise with the blend in/onto side and back hair-----provided the density and colour-match is correct, along with the ventilation-direction, it should present no bigger issue ...having said that you tried a partial due to temple-recession,[temples can be problematic to get right , even on a Fullcap--can look `off` ] which, I imagine, would be trickier- elvis is literally going for a whole new front hairline and extending back to approx. where the ear-point is, so I honestly can`t see it being problematic.