Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cut a ready made to fit my template?
11-18-2011, 02:18 PM,
cut a ready made to fit my template?
I have a ready made unit I ordered and it just so happened my TL unit arrived at the same day. So after all I didnt need this ready made. Turns out this ready made is horrible! Wrong color and wrong size. Is it possible to get this modified to fit specs? Cutting it I could handle but the coloring I can not. Does TL offer a service for this and if so whats the price?
11-18-2011, 08:09 PM,
RE: cut a ready made to fit my template?
Hi ulao...just as a matter of interest, where did you get the stock from ? Toplace itself only supplies hair systems...products [bonding/cleaning/care] and services will have to be obtained elsewhere..... I could really recommend you have a look at Debbie`s site as she not only sells a good range of products at keen prices, she also does loads of things like cutting/coloring etc. Just click the `services ` link on her site..she`s really helpful and very good at her job..loads of wearers get their systems sent to her for remote cut-in`s etc.
http://splitendshairreplacement.com/ You can send her a template or simply measure your `good` system and she`ll trim that stock to size for you.
11-19-2011, 11:55 AM,
Oh I got this from another company. John has asked that I not mention other companies, so out of respect I wont. This other company is refusing to reply to my question about sending it back for modification. Not really sure why, but it seem that this sort of behavior is common among Hair companies. I guess there was something in the email that offended him, whatever. I tried 3 email and its been a week, no reply.

Debbie is on vacation, I'm looking for a faster option. John said he would put a rush on my next order so that may be my only option. I can wait for Debbie at that point.
11-19-2011, 10:19 PM,
Ah yeah ...I was just wondering was it a `famous`one which has been more -than discussed on here. Yes, there are many many companies `out there`, both Salon and on-line suppliers, who really give this whole game a bad reputation and make people very nervous of making the move into the wearing world....thankfully, Toplace is NOT one of them. It bad enough having gone through all the `trauma`of losing hair and becoming depressed and lacking self-confidence over it, without then being almost / literally traumatised by having a crap system delivered or supplied and you`re expected to be delighted with it having shelled out loads of $$$$. It`s such a pity because it`s not that hard to get it pretty right for the client...it`s not rocket-science , it really isn`t. Have a read of the thread there regarding coloring [you probably have done already] .. I`ve given a detailed account of how to do it...honestly --it`s not hard to do..you just got to be careful to keep it off the lace...what have you to lose really at the end of the day even if you somehow wrecked it..you said you`d cut it but would be wary of coloring it..I`d be the opposite [ lol] ....JRob recommends using one of those hobby-knives rather than a scissors [it`s a little sharp blade like a razor blade attached to a little `handle `] .... you have a Toplace system to hand now and you have another on order ? [ or maybe I got that wrong?] The tricks with the coloring is simply have the hair clean[ed], must be wet ...well not dripping..just blotted with a towel to remove excess water, then apply color by `pulling`/drawing it from near the bottom [near the base] out to the tips , avoiding the base. I use/d a plastic comb to spread it [ I used to brush the damp hair first [gently] to make sure there were no `clumps` or tangles] and then just time it with a watch.....try just a few minutes first ---3 or 4 at most, then rinse it out by running water through the lace onto the hair and thus the `mix`run off the ends of the hairs and away from the base....use rubber gloves too or you`ll stain your skin. if the color is not `deep`enough when you dry the hair, you can go again for another 2 or 3 minutes....usually system hair really grabs coloring solution very fast so you have to time it accurately.
11-20-2011, 10:10 AM,
Thx for the tips, I got really good at coloring but it just fade out so fast. I read a tun of tips to keep it in, but it never worked for me. The other problem is finding a color that matches.

but really my biggest issue is the darn curl. I can not for the life of me get it out permanently.

No this is not a BA thing, its a direct competitor and been in business for a long time.
11-20-2011, 09:50 PM,
JRob did a post recently on getting the curl out by using perming solution but [I think] without adding in the `catalyst`to the mix..... i think he said to leave it in overnight rather than using a straightening-iron...I`ll see if I can find the thread again and post the link.