Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
custom unit help regarding venting
11-18-2011, 12:54 PM,
custom unit help regarding venting
Hey guys,

I have just ordered my custom hair piece (i am wearing a stock right now), and have ordered a spiky front with the rest being body wave. I an not sure if that works. Does spiky front go only with freestyle?

Please advise me so that I can change my order.
I would like to have a hairstyle with a front spike, so should I go with free style or body wave?

Thanks in advance.
11-18-2011, 08:01 PM,
RE: custom unit help regarding venting
Hi systemuser...don`t `sweat` too much over it...John will be able to `tweak`the order if you contact him..... you may be getting a little confused with the 2 terms there, so just to clarify:
Ventilation refers to the way the hair is tied [knotted] into /onto the lace and which governs what direction the hair will lie by `default`. The wave refers to the amount of perming that`s done to the hair to give it whatever degree of wave the wearer wants....you can have straight hair or various degrees of `wave` put in it you wish. Freestyle is basically hair which is tied in just a little bit more loosely i.e. not in a `set` direction and allows the wearer to `play`around a bit more when styling etc. which makes it popular with many. I`m no expert so while I don`t know exactly how they get hair to stand up in a `spike`at the front for those who order it, I guess they tie the hair in more tightly and probably a bit denser so it`s like in a `tuft`there--maybe someone can enlighten me !! But anyway, just contact John there and hopefully they won`t have started your system yet, and he can `tweak`your order for you....hope it all goes well for you..regards, Paul.
11-19-2011, 04:53 AM,
Thank u Paul. Will contact John.
What would you prefer a freestyle or bodywave?
I know its a personal choice, but just curious what the experienced people prefer.
11-19-2011, 05:49 AM,
(11-19-2011, 04:53 AM)systemuser Wrote: Thank u Paul. Will contact John.
I know its a personal choice, but just curious what the experienced people prefer.

Hey systemuser,

If I may amplify what Paul said ... forgive me if I'm being repetitive.

You may be "mixing up" types of specifications here. Bodywave refers to the amount of curl that is permed into the hair. Freestyle, Spiky Front, etc. refer to the direction of the hair.

"Freestyle or Bodywave" is not an either/or choice. You can have Bodywave as the choice for the amount of curl, and also choose Freestyle as the direction. I realize this is a little confusing ... because Freestyle means "no preset direction," allowing the wearer more flexibility in "training" the hair into a preferred style. Spiky front is just more locked into an upward style at the front.

Assuming your wearing toppers, the amount of curl should be chosen to match your own side and back hair. The prevailing wisdom is that "dead straight" hair is tough to work with (unless you are of Asian descent, perhaps). Bodywave is a good choice for most who consider their own hair straight ... it just has a slight bend to it. And the curl amount tends to relax and straighten over time as you wash and wear it anyway.

I hope this helps to clarify ...

FB
11-19-2011, 06:00 AM,
(11-19-2011, 04:53 AM)systemuser Wrote: Thank u Paul. Will contact John.
I think you may have missed the clarification above....`bodywave`is not a `type`--it`s simply the amount of perming done to the hair...freestyle is/refers to the manner in which hairs are tied-in and governs the direction that the hair will lie in ...... I`ve always worn hair which has a `Bodywave` in it [so it`s the lightest perm and therefore has not been as exposed too much to `harsh`chemicals ] The wave `relaxes` after a few washes..not to the point where it`s dead straight , but mine have always just held a nice amount of wave during all their serviceable life. Freestyle systems are popular, as they can be `trained ` more easily into a certain style than if you specify a definite hair-direction such as forward or back from the front ventilation.... if you intend wearing a topper, you have to take into account the direction in which your side hair grows..some people`s grows in a very definite or specific direction in which case it`s probably best to specify a matching -direction on a custom-made piece..if your hair is a little `fly-away ` or can be `trained`/styled into any way you like, well freestyle will be just fine. I`d recommend after about 2 weeks of wear --once any system has `settled-in`--- apply knot-sealer to seal the knots and prevent shedding from knots becoming undone...especially on freestyle as those knots are tied that bit more loosely [ hence the term `Freestyle`] than direction-specific systems.It must be applied VERY thinly indeed or it will seep through the lace and dry into clumps on the hair --avoid that happening at ALL costs--it`s an acrylic liquid which dries to form a thin `film` across the lace base...tutorials available on `Youtube` or on the `Info links for newbies `thread up top provided by Snipe......hope that helps... Paul.
I just saw furball`s reply above now [ I need an optician..lol] he`s put it very well there.
11-19-2011, 07:51 AM,
Keep in mind that you can spike the hair with any ventilation style. Even if it is forward or backward ventilation. I usually get forward ventilation which makes the hair tend to want to lay in a forward direction, but a little water and styling product and it will spike up without a problem.