Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front lace Got2be only?
11-19-2011, 05:38 AM,
RE: Front lace Got2be only?
stealth..... just for info, lace-release is `standard` --it`s alcohol ..there aren`t differnt `types` so one less thing to worry about. Just to answer your question there ..please don`t be `put off`by my description of a Gooey mess.... I was kind of exaggerating...certain tapes and glues can de-stabilise more rapidly than others .. I mean they all have a `life` once they have been put on, but the longer you leave some on, and the more they are exposed to water, sweat, humidity [as in hot weather] the hold will gradually fail and need to be replaced. I think newbies [naturally] have the attitude [when they`ve got a good nice bond going on] ``oh I`ll leave it for as long as I can``...it can be a false-economy as SOME products can literally overnight go from a firm hold to goo and give you a very tedious job to do...... the trick to keeping this as simple as possible is to keep to a regular routine as I asserted earlier. Now, I haven`t worn a skin system [ used to wear all-poly some years back] and used anything other than those `normal`glues ... I have used `Got2b` a few times on all-lace and it`s been fine except at the very edge in places--it can lose grip--- nothing major or anything..just means were someone to run their fingers through the hair they could detect the edge.... I know another wearer said it [ Got2b] holds skin material very well but I can`t remember exactly what he said about the very edge/perimeter.... the problem with it is it can loosen when exposed to a lot of moisture so heavy sweating can loosen it but once it cools down/dries again it tends to `tighten up` again..it`s more for short-term use--it`s very easy to work with and rinses out/off the skin[scalp] and system without the need to shampoo.... so no need for lace-release and glue -melters etc..... put it this way----it`s `got it`s place`in your armoury of bonding products, for a quick short-term, no-fuss, bond and de-bond/clean-up...for more prolonged holds, use tapes and/or glues. Hopefully a `skin`wearer can be more precise for you...cheers, Paul.
p.s. It would indeed be a great help both practically and financially if we could get a little `kit`or pack of sample-sized containers of glues to try out...would save a load of hassle for everyone, including experienced wearers, who might like to try out a different glue but would be put off by the cost of a large bottle which they might only use a few times

Messages In This Thread
Front lace Got2be only? - stealth - 11-18-2011, 04:28 PM
RE: Front lace Got2be only? - winstonage - 11-19-2011, 01:41 AM
RE: Front lace Got2be only? - stealth - 11-19-2011, 04:04 AM
RE: Front lace Got2be only? - D B COOPER - 11-19-2011, 04:15 AM
RE: Front lace Got2be only? - Paul In Ireland - 11-19-2011, 05:38 AM
RE: Front lace Got2be only? - mcnash - 11-19-2011, 10:45 AM
RE: Front lace Got2be only? - winstonage - 11-19-2011, 11:03 AM
RE: Front lace Got2be only? - stealth - 11-21-2011, 04:27 PM
RE: Front lace Got2be only? - mcnash - 11-22-2011, 07:52 AM
RE: Front lace Got2be only? - stealth - 11-22-2011, 11:00 AM
RE: Front lace Got2be only? - mcnash - 11-22-2011, 12:47 PM