Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out)
11-18-2011, 08:29 AM,
RE: I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out)
Quote:Another concern that I have is the difference between pieces. I know TopLace offers undetectable and high quality pieces....so if I end up going the DIY route in a couple months and I were to get one piece from a salon and another from John, won't that be obvious?

Don't worry about the unit you get from John. As long as you get a swiss or french lace unit with a decent density and ventilation from the salon there won't be any issues transitioning.

But remember, you might want to consider ordering the hair yourself and finding a salon that will provide the cut-in service and do the first few attachments and removals for you. As you get more comfortable with it you can start to do more of the work yourself. As long as you have a salon as a backup you will have the peace of mind knowing that worst case if you have issues with your first few attachments you can make an appointment and get some help.

Quote:Also, my hair is black and I currently use a concealer to cover it. It is fooling just about everyone but looks really ugly and bad. If I were to convert to a piece it'll probably create less of a mess than the amount of concealers it takes to cover my balding head. I just hope it doesn't get caught by the naked eye.

I would say that during my consultations at least 60-70% of them were making the move from concealers to a hairpiece and without exception the transition was smooth. You are absolutely right- concealers do a great job of hiding baldness but the more of it you have to apply the worse your "hair" starts to look. The good thing is that no one is used to seeing a bare scalp so when you do transition into a hairpiece it will look like you started using new hair products or started going to a great new stylist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out) - JRob - 11-18-2011, 08:29 AM
addendum - furball - 11-19-2011, 03:31 PM