Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The major thing that deteriorates a system IMO
11-15-2011, 01:04 PM,
The major thing that deteriorates a system IMO
I wore a full cap that lasted almost a year after previously trying out standard and medium sized systems. I have come to notice that the major reason why a system deteriorates is due to the glue/glue from the tape that sticks into the hair on top of the areas where you place the tapes. I am confident on this because I had no shedding whatsoever on top of the full system since I placed no tapes on top of my scalp.

Then after about 10-11 months the hair on areas where I tape (sides-on top of ears and back) got so gluey and dirty and started shedding as well, to the point where I had to cut the sides and back and the system became a small/standard (6x8in). Now that I tape on top of my scalp for the last two months the hair on top of the HS has been shedding massively and now I need a new system.

What can be done about this? Any tips? Are there tapes out there that cause the least amount of shedding?
11-15-2011, 03:49 PM,
RE: The major thing that deteriorates a system IMO
Try knot sealer, you should do this when you get a new system. DO NOT put too much, less is more.

Stickit tape leaves no residue for me, but doesnt last as long as blue liner
11-15-2011, 09:44 PM,
(11-15-2011, 03:49 PM)Spartan Wrote: Try knot sealer, you should do this when you get a new system. DO NOT put too much, less is more.

Stickit tape leaves no residue for me, but doesnt last as long as blue liner
Try placing the 'Stick It Tape' on the system and the 'Blue Liner' to the head,this will stop the residue on th elace but get the longer hold on the head.
11-15-2011, 11:31 PM,
Spray your system with scotchgard, I have had little or no shedding.

I spray the lace with scotchgard, and then apply knot sealer.