Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is black hair easier to blend?
11-14-2011, 07:13 PM,
Is black hair easier to blend?
of all the hair colors id assume that black hair would be easiest to blend? with texture and the size of the hair probably being more of an issue?
If im wrong could someone please explain why and what the pros and cons are with black hair?
11-15-2011, 03:40 AM,
RE: Is black hair easier to blend?
I use 1b, colour wise its a good match to my own. The only prob is texture, but with some product you can make it look decent.
11-15-2011, 05:41 AM,
texture specifically for you? or is it a ultimate issue? and if so, whats the difference?
11-15-2011, 05:44 AM,
In my opinion black is the easiest and I`ve never even thought about hair `size`--as long as the density and style was ok for me, I was a happy camper. My hair is some shade of brown and when I was in topper-land I found 1b was a reasonably good match before the system hair began to oxidise over time...then it was a case of coloring it and `sweating` over how the blend would look..... I guess black can be `deeper` on some people, but in my opinion, if wearing a topper and your growing hair is black, you`ll have a far easier time......just my 2-cents worth anyway ! Paul.
11-15-2011, 09:10 AM,
Luckily!. phew... one less thing to worry hecticly about. my hair is pretty dark black
11-15-2011, 09:51 AM,
Paul what did you color your 1b piece with?
11-15-2011, 03:52 PM,
(11-15-2011, 05:41 AM)elvis Wrote: texture specifically for you? or is it a ultimate issue? and if so, whats the difference?

I can only speak about my own experience. Its hard to make the texture be 100%, but as long as its decent, then I can make it work with using product.

The piece hair strands seem to be too thin, so I generally use a wet look gel and then spray hairspray ontop
11-15-2011, 08:21 PM,
(11-15-2011, 09:51 AM)egghead Wrote: Paul what did you color your 1b piece with?

I used `Back2natural` initially when the system was new --it helps disguise `mild` color differences ........ for more stark differences [usually caused by the hair oxidising from sun-exposure etc.] I used the `heavy artillery` ---- proprietary Salon products. There are many different ones available generally, in most countries ,but the one I found I liked best is `Koleston perfect`.. .. it comes in a tube and you mix it with creme peroxide [which is the catalyst] and apply it before it begins to change color. The Koleston itself is actually an off-white/slightly orange color. The creme peroxide is white and has a slightly thick consistency..... the less peroxide you use , the stronger/deeper the color, the more peroxide the lighter the end-result will be...you have to `go easy` with it at first until you get used to it.......if the end result is too deep, you can apply peroxide neat to the hair and it will help to lighten the color. I`m lucky that there`s a salon -supplies shop in my nearest city and while they have signs on certain shelves stating that those particular products are only sold to `professionals`[ Hair-stylists] I`ve never had any problem just picking up what I want and paying for them. A tube of color is about 12€ and the peroxide is less than 4€---my hair is a very dark brown, so a `1b` system hair-color is a pretty good match as it`s basically an ``off-black`...I used to buy a black color and use it on both my growing and system hair. whilst `watching`the timing like a hawk. I`m not keen on brown as a color so I liked to `darken` it down to almost black but not jet-black, therefore 2-3 minutes on the system hair,and 10-15 minutes on the growing hair before washing it out.....now that I`m full cap, it`s great because I just order black hair now and don`t have to `bother`about color-matching.
11-15-2011, 09:22 PM,
(11-15-2011, 03:52 PM)Spartan Wrote:
(11-15-2011, 05:41 AM)elvis Wrote: texture specifically for you? or is it a ultimate issue? and if so, whats the difference?

I can only speak about my own experience. Its hard to make the texture be 100%, but as long as its decent, then I can make it work with using product.

The piece hair strands seem to be too thin, so I generally use a wet look gel and then spray hairspray ontop

I have the opposite problem ... my hair is fine textured, thin strands of hair. Most of the pieces I get have thicker textured hair than my own. Even as the density is usually right, this difference in thickness of the hair strands makes blending challenging sometimes. Product helps, and I usually make it work also.

I should say that I get my pieces thru a salon, and they say they can't control hair texture ... their density scale is also very limited. I know more custom options are available from John and others ... sucks, as I feel kinda trapped right now.

I have blonde hair, and I do believe it is more difficult to blend. I have a former girlfriend who is in the hair/skincare field, and she says w/ blonde hair, you can "see the layers" more easily. I translate this to mean extra challenges w/ the blend point wearing a blonde topper ... makes sense when you think of how light hair reflects light differently than dark hair.

I guess I only know my own experience, but I see a lot of pictures w/ dark toppers, and the blend point seems less noticeable.

FB
11-15-2011, 09:42 PM,
This is the Koleston I use: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6...a+koleston and the peroxide is available there too : http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_3...e+peroxide
I notice `Black` is not shown there but it is available normally ....there are many many makers of hair colors so if you can`t get black [if that`s what you require] in Koleston on Amazon, just search for a different maker/brand-name....
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u...&x=17&y=15