Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rid of the curl
11-12-2011, 04:32 PM,
rid of the curl
My new unit for some reason is really curly. I know they always come like this but I washed it twice now and I cant get the curl out. I order a body wave and have had the same specs for 6 year now but this unit had more curl to it. What is the best way to permanently straight it more.
11-12-2011, 04:52 PM,
RE: rid of the curl
I believe I used this product a few years ago and it worked very well:
http://www.sallybeauty.com/curl-remover/..._vc=SEARCH

As with anything, start out conservatively and adjust from there.
11-12-2011, 04:53 PM,
(11-12-2011, 04:32 PM)ulao Wrote: My new unit for some reason is really curly. I know they always come like this but I washed it twice now and I cant get the curl out. I order a body wave and have had the same specs for 6 year now but this unit had more curl to it. What is the best way to permanently straight it more.
You have 2 viable options: 1) buy a flat iron and iron the curl out of it; or 2) go buy a chemical straightener at a beauty supply store. Both have downsides. If you go the flat iron route, you'll have to do it over and over again until the hair finally relaxes. If you go the chemical straightener route, you're going to damage the hair somewhat and, if you leave it on too long, you can wind up with massive shedding.

For what it's worth, I've opted for the chemical straightener when I've gotten a piece that's just too curly to the point that I know it's not going to relax in a week or two. The hair winds up aging prematurely, but I still have a good looking piece for a couple months. The other option is send it back and tell them to get your order right. Don't just accept the "it'll relax after a few more washes" line. You've been doing this for more than a minute, so you know when you're dealing with something that's just a little curly and something that's a full curl grade above what you actually ordered.

Best of luck.
11-13-2011, 02:16 AM,
there is a spray called got 2 b straight sold at wal greens< use that and a blow dryer on low heat< had a probelm like that and it works but it has to be done every so often
11-15-2011, 07:21 AM,
I wouldn't recommend using a relaxer. The way it alters the chemical structure of the hair it can make it limp and lifeless which would leave you with the opposite problem from what you already have.

A better option might be to use a mild perming solution WITHOUT the neutralizer. After applying the perming solution and leaving it in for the allotted time you would rinse it out of the hair and comb it to get the hair in the position you want, then allow it to oxidize for at least 24 hours before washing it out. Skipping the neutralizer will help protect the hair from damage.

This might be tricky because you aren't using any rods to set the hair into place. On top of that the hair has already been through so much processing that another chemical process can leave it even more fragile than it already is, or even destroy it altogether.

Proceed with caution!