Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue chunk... (photo)
11-12-2011, 04:15 PM,
Blue chunk... (photo)
Here ya go, thought I'd post a pic up, I know there is toothpaste on the mirror Big Grin my bad..
I bleached out a section of hair, threw some Manic Panic over top of it, and here is the outcome.. I would not recommend anyone do this, as fun colors like this tend to be a stain instead of an actual dye, which means they bleed and will stain the lace when wet. I get a little daring right around making a new order and try new things I normally wouldnt do if I were stuck, or definitely if I only had one piece.. But none the less I thought I would share.. Hope everyone had a good Halloween Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

11-12-2011, 09:18 PM,
RE: Blue chunk...
Just wanted to say [ ignoring the blue color thing for a sec.] that the style is really nice --looks really good on you and I read your post on the other thread relating how badly messed-around you`d been with that `other`supplier so I admire your tenacity for literally [no pun!] sticking with it and seeing it through.... I know this wearing world isn`t Nirvana at times and issues can arise etc., but at least John has integrity and respects his customers and if you have an issue he`ll help out without fuss. What you went through before finding Toplace would have just made most people sink into a total depression regarding wearing, so I`m glad you `re happy now. You`re inevitably going to be asked the specs. of your system by newbies so do let us know !! Well-done. Paul.
11-13-2011, 10:40 AM,
RE: Blue chunk...
(11-12-2011, 09:18 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Just wanted to say [ ignoring the blue color thing for a sec.] that the style is really nice --looks really good on you and I read your post on the other thread relating how badly messed-around you`d been with that `other`supplier so I admire your tenacity for literally [no pun!] sticking with it and seeing it through.... I know this wearing world isn`t Nirvana at times and issues can arise etc., but at least John has integrity and respects his customers and if you have an issue he`ll help out without fuss. What you went through before finding Toplace would have just made most people sink into a total depression regarding wearing, so I`m glad you `re happy now. You`re inevitably going to be asked the specs. of your system by newbies so do let us know !! Well-done. Paul.

Thanks Paul!! I was discouraged just until I came across John, He sent me a piece and it was here in 2 days, I didnt think that was possible LOL- its nice to know if you get in a jam you arent going to be left waiting for months.. I've never had a hangup since, not to say I've never had a bad de/re, GRR but I've definitely got a ritual down and hardly ever mess it up too badly these days.. My specs on all of these are simple, stock piece color 1b which matches my hair spot on, I cut the piece down slowly and texturize it with a mix of razor comb and thinning shears, I am however getting ready to make a template and start trying customs, to avoid the stock crinkle you get here and there, they actually dont bug me that bad, but I am wanting to start trying to order blonde fronts and trying some different things, I'm super interested in seeing anyones pics who has experemented with this and coloring. Does anyone on the forum order blonde pieces and color them? I'd be all about seeing some pics if thats at all possible.
11-15-2011, 07:25 AM,
RE: Blue chunk... (photo)
I love it!
11-15-2011, 11:12 PM,
@beersnob 76 what density to you go for? My style is similiar to yours but i find sometimes mine looks a little to thick.Im using a straight razor to thin it out plus blending shears but i find the sides still are to thick in density. I do wear the sides shorter though than yours graded up form a no.1 to 3.
11-16-2011, 03:31 AM,
It`s a stock system therefore the density is standard at `` medium``. By `thinning` hair as you describe, you will not achieve a thinner density as such..all you are doing is shortening certain hairs whilst leaving others as they are... a thinning scissors will not remove the hair as such ..it will merely shorten it as the knot is still tied in. The best way is to use hair-removal cream dabbed on carefully to the knots on the underside of the base before anything like knot-sealer is/has been applied. How-to : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPULkcyVD2Y
11-24-2011, 12:54 PM,
(11-15-2011, 11:12 PM)sagem Wrote: @beersnob 76 what density to you go for? My style is similiar to yours but i find sometimes mine looks a little to thick.Im using a straight razor to thin it out plus blending shears but i find the sides still are to thick in density. I do wear the sides shorter though than yours graded up form a no.1 to 3.

Like paul said it is "medium" density, just a stock unit. I think they range 65-70"ish. I'd love to see pics of the short sides, I keep toying with going shorter and shorter, I definitely like the look of it. My question for you is, how short is your exsisting hair where it meets the piece, and how long is the piece? Are you just using a razor comb to pull off your blend? The hair on my piece is a bit thicker than my side hair, not enough that I need to change it yet.. GRRR I hope that lasts for a while, i just do alot of texturizing.. Alot of people close to me know whats up, and I ask for blunt opinions, noone can catch anything.. They certianly arent afriad to throw some jabs if they did Smile