Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite white glue?
11-10-2011, 09:01 AM,
What's your favorite white glue?
I'm looking for a good white glue to try at the front of my full cap? Which do you prefer?
11-10-2011, 09:29 AM,
RE: What's your favorite white glue?
I havent tried white glue before, besides color whats the differance betwen white and clear glue
11-10-2011, 09:46 AM,
I haven't found a 'great' white glue yet but my favourites are ORWG and Invisibond for different reasons. ORWG gives by far the longest hold but it stays wetter than any other glue I've tried. Hairs get stuck and after 4-5 days the glue turns grey. The piece also slips back with ORWG. And clean up is not so great for me as it gets in the lace more than any other glue. But the hold is brilliant so I use it at the very front and get 5 days before it goes grey. Invisibond is a brilliant glue and the only downwer for me is the hold is only for 3-4 days before the front lifts in some areas. It stays clean though, doesn't turn grey, isn't too shiney and has the easiest clean up of any glue I've ever tried.

As for clear glues. I never had any luck with davlyn or ultrahold but vapon no tape is a very good glue. It's just very stringy to apply. I get it everywhere. And it becomes tacky pretty quickly so I have to work fast. Some say heating it in a cup of boiling water helps with the stringiness. I haven't tried it.

Then there's Max grafting glue, the most expensive one there is. It dries DRY, no tackiness, long hold, easy clean up from skin. But it shows up in ultraviolet light and if you have a tan or darker skin it can give a lighter line on your hairline.

One day someone will make an Invisibond that holds for a week.
11-10-2011, 09:46 AM,
I haven't found a 'great' white glue yet but my favourites are ORWG and Invisibond for different reasons. ORWG gives by far the longest hold but it stays wetter than any other glue I've tried. Hairs get stuck and after 4-5 days the glue turns grey. The piece also slips back with ORWG. And clean up is not so great for me as it gets in the lace more than any other glue. But the hold is brilliant so I use it at the very front and get 5 days before it goes grey. Invisibond is a brilliant glue and the only downwer for me is the hold is only for 3-4 days before the front lifts in some areas. It stays clean though, doesn't turn grey, isn't too shiney and has the easiest clean up of any glue I've ever tried.

As for clear glues. I never had any luck with davlyn or ultrahold but vapon no tape is a very good glue. It's just very stringy to apply. I get it everywhere. And it becomes tacky pretty quickly so I have to work fast. Some say heating it in a cup of boiling water helps with the stringiness. I haven't tried it.

Then there's Max grafting glue, the most expensive one there is. It dries DRY, no tackiness, long hold, easy clean up from skin. But it shows up in ultraviolet light and if you have a tan or darker skin it can give a lighter line on your hairline.

One day someone will make an Invisibond that holds for a week.
Am I the only person who has the double post problem?
Am I the only person who has the double post problem?
(11-10-2011, 09:29 AM)D B COOPER Wrote: I havent tried white glue before, besides color whats the differance betwen white and clear glue

White glues are water based and easier to apply. Clear glues are usually solvent based and harder to work with but they usually hold up to getting wet better.
11-10-2011, 10:17 AM,
i started out with ultra hold, and it was a mess , then i tried the cheap nine dollar bottle of salon pro extreme hold and I cant imagine i will fine anything better
11-10-2011, 11:13 AM,
(11-10-2011, 10:17 AM)D B COOPER Wrote: i started out with ultra hold, and it was a mess , then i tried the cheap nine dollar bottle of salon pro extreme hold and I cant imagine i will fine anything better

Where did you get your glue from?

I used to user perfector, it was a pretty good white glue for me. The best I found was superstick which is a clear glue.
11-10-2011, 12:03 PM,
i get mine from the beauty supply store
11-10-2011, 08:17 PM,
(11-10-2011, 11:13 AM)Spartan Wrote: [ The best I found was superstick which is a clear glue.

Hair Direct says the hold time for Superstick is 1-3 days. If that's the claimed hold time then in reality it would likely be less for me. How do you cope with such a short hold time and what is clean up like?
11-11-2011, 10:39 AM,
(11-10-2011, 08:17 PM)Hairenough Wrote:
(11-10-2011, 11:13 AM)Spartan Wrote: [ The best I found was superstick which is a clear glue.

Hair Direct says the hold time for Superstick is 1-3 days. If that's the claimed hold time then in reality it would likely be less for me. How do you cope with such a short hold time and what is clean up like?

I get the superstick from Debbie, http://splitendshairreplacement.com/

I sometimes used to do touchups around the 3-4 day mark. But it lasted solid for a week. Now I use blue liner tape at the glue, which is so much easier than glue.
11-11-2011, 11:04 AM,
Spartan, how is blue liner tape work at the hairline?