Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going bald for the 2nd time!
09-05-2009, 11:22 AM,
Going bald for the 2nd time!
My new topper is shedding at such a rate that it feels like i am going bald for the 2nd time which fn sucks. What i need is advice from anyone out there on the best solution to cover up my shedding for the next 6 weeks while waiting for my new toppers. Was wondering if adding a lace section with hair attached ontop of my thinning areas (temple) was an option. If so, how do i go about it? Is toppik any good?
09-05-2009, 11:40 AM,
Re: Going bald for the 2nd time!
Jade,
Are you using a rinse out conditioner? Although those conditioners make the hair soft and smooth they also losen the knots and cause premature shedding. If you need a conditioner try using the leave in ones that you apply when the hair is still wet--and don't apply so much that it gets down to the knots.
Regards,
John
09-07-2009, 12:29 PM,
I can get hair added here by Jill mate or I have pieces in stock.

Also like John said keep the conditoner off the knots.
09-08-2009, 07:20 AM,
It seems that sometimes hairpieces like to self destruct in a week's time or less! You always have to have a back up unit on hand. Its risky to just have the one on the top of your head and hope it lasts until you are ready to place the next order. Always have the next piece "on deck" for situations just like this!
09-17-2009, 01:16 AM,
Hi BA, John
Does the rinse out conditioner has the same effect on the skin based system? As there are no knots in them, can we use conditioners on those systems without problem?
09-18-2009, 12:21 PM,
(1) You should always have a spare hairpiece or two on hand. Not doing so is asking for trouble!

(2) Concealers such as Toppik, Dermatch, and ProThick are your friends. Learn to use them!