Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
c-22
11-11-2011, 01:33 AM,
c-22
has anyone had any problems with this glue melter? i read on another post that the person doesnt like it because it loosens the knots and causes shedding
11-11-2011, 02:12 AM,
RE: c-22
I`ve read different tales of how individuals use this product.... my own `take`on it and having first seen it in use in my `Salon`days, is that it`s very effective at breaking down glue/tape residue, but I really reckon it`s best used on the scalp only .... I think it`s fine to use on Poly but possibly [ I stress possibly] a bit detrimental to use heavily on lace..... `ordinary` alcohol glue-melters are probably kinder to lace/knots..... having said that, I`m well-aware that others will probably disagree with me, and I imagine that if knot-sealer has been applied to knots initially [and re-applied monthly or so] the C-22 and other citrus-based cleaners should not have a negative effect on the knots themselves, whatever about lace.....my gut feeling is, heavily- exposing lace/knots to it, may possibly not be such a good idea in the long run.....just my 2-cents worth anyway...regards, Paul.
11-11-2011, 03:12 AM,
so i should be fine using 91% alcohol to spray on the hair/lace to remove and then use c-22 on my scalp to clean up, what method do you use to detach
11-11-2011, 04:52 AM,
Yeah ....`Lace release` is used to release your lace from the underlying tape/glue...it comes in a spray-bottle.......some people like to use a syringe [obviously without a needle on it !] to direct the fluid in a more `controlled` way..... simply apply it [in whichever way you choose] then allow a minute or two [ sometimes longer depending on how strong the hold is] to penetrate and `work`, then your system should simply lift/peel off easily...most of the residue will/ should be on the skin...... many people go for long durations in terms of bonds....that`s all fine and dandy but you can find that a bond is grand and tight one day, and the next [overnight] it can `fail` and you have a gooey mess to clean up --it can seep through the lace and get onto your growing hair.... I honestly feel a week or so is long enough.....it`s also a good idea if you can to leave the system off overnight regularly..just to give the skin which is constantly `smothered`with bonding materials, a chance to `breath`...... it`s nice to be able to properly `get -at` your scalp to give it a shampoo and a nice general clean without a system `in the way`. Another good idea foe every wearer is to give your bald area a wipe with a cotton pad moistened with alcohol..... I bought half a litre of surgical spirit for 6€..... I guess lace-release would do the same thing since it`s alcohol....just good to remove possible bacteria and oils..just before you re-bond is a good time do it ,to ensure an oil-free skin/foundation for your fresh bond. Regards, Paul.
11-11-2011, 10:34 AM,
I havent had a problem using c-22, I've even sprayed the base thoroughly with it and let it soak in cold water for 2-3 hours, to get rid of the glue residue on the base.