Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Dying Hair
11-09-2011, 10:37 AM,
Re: Dying Hair
Hi guys, I'm a newbie at wearing hair and I'm interested in dying my hair, both system and normal. I'm just curious has anyone any tips?

I do have a couple of questions
1) Are you supposed to only dye your hair from light to dark or can you go from dark to light?
2) If you leave the hair dye in for say, 1/3 of the time in your hair, would that give you a good results?
3) Finally can anyone recommend a good hair dye?
11-09-2011, 11:53 AM,
RE: Re: Dying Hair
From my last experience I highly suggest to stay a ways from dying. I got shafted in an order from BA and it was lighter then my normal hair. So I darkened it with perfect 10 hair dye. A week later its back to light. So I used it again and this time used the conditioner it comes with. That lasted 2 weeks. I have been doing this now for a month and a half ( waiting for my TL order ) and it just not working out. That said...
1) you can only go light to dark, if you go the other way you need to involve bleach. I actually used a 10 to 1 mixture of bleach to light my hair and I was happy with the results.
2) This depends on the dye. Perfect ten tell you to leave it in for ( I think it was 2 minuets ).
3) Perfect 10 is what most people suggested for me. I wish I knew what the factor used, because it lasts.
11-09-2011, 08:25 PM,
Coloring hair has been one of the main issues for many wearers ----after exposure to sun,shampoos, chlorine in water etc, system hair [ like growing hair] can become faded from the sun [oxidation] The main thing is to keep coloring chemicals off your lace or it will permanently stain it..also, only allow no more than 3 or 4 minutes of `exposure` before rinsing it out..system hair really `grabs` color far faster than growing hair and you`ll end up with a very deep shade if you leave it on too long. If the color-difference is not too noticeable, using Back2natural color-restoring conditioner will help with the blend and also conditions the hair and is recommended by Toplace . You can Google it but here`s just one supplier: http://www.hairdirect.com/store/back2nat...4Qodkj9F_w
Here is a list of forum posts on this subject: http://www.forum.toplace.com/search.php?...order=desc
11-11-2011, 06:31 AM,
Everyone says system soaks up colour in a third of the time but in my experience with colouring a few different pieces it's not the case. If I don't leave the dye on both my own hair and the system hair for the same length of time the system hair comes out lighter.
11-11-2011, 06:31 AM,
Everyone says system soaks up colour in a third of the time but in my experience with colouring a few different pieces it's not the case. If I don't leave the dye on both my own hair and the system hair for the same length of time the system hair comes out lighter.
11-11-2011, 07:32 AM,
At a guess, I`d say that would be quite possible with better-quality hair i.e. not heavily-processed, so it still has the cuticle layer on it. But it`s best to proceed slowly especially if it`s a person`s first time using coloring solution or you risk the color going too `deep`.
11-11-2011, 08:38 AM,
I agree, take it slow at first and only leave it in for a few minutes. If it is too light you can always dye it again. I am using professional salon colours with 3% Developer and I leave it in the hair for about 25-30 minutes. This is for a dark to medium brown. Gold tones are still the bane of my life. I'm thinking about adding some green dye to get rid of it,
11-11-2011, 08:38 AM,
I agree, take it slow at first and only leave it in for a few minutes. If it is too light you can always dye it again. I am using professional salon colours with 3% Developer and I leave it in the hair for about 25-30 minutes. This is for a dark to medium brown. Gold tones are still the bane of my life. I'm thinking about adding some green dye to get rid of it,