Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get glue out of hair/shower with just tape
11-09-2011, 09:01 AM,
RE: Get glue out of hair/shower with just tape
The sensi-tac [ red roll ? ] is a nice easy tape to work with .. I used to use it a lot when I had a poly strip on the perimeter of my toppers but it`s really only for short-term / lighter holds --- there`s no `fuss ` with it and no residue --well I removed it daily so I guess that explains that. I like the nice wide roll.. really easy to work with but when I used it with this light/er density Fullcap, I could see shine through the hair.... one of JRobs` tips is to smear the tape with a little glue to dull down the shine, if you have a shine-through with certain tapes.
``I can shampoo my system on my head while it's attached with tape around the base, right? It's walker no shine tape...you'd think it'd be shower safe? ``--- it`s really best to shampoo your system in a basin of water in my opinion..rubbing shampoo on in the shower can lead to things like tangling ... certainly there`s no problem in getting the hair wet as such, but if you need to use shampoo on your own hair you can easily do so while avoiding the system..... I add some [system] shampoo to a basin of lukewarm water and simply immerse the system in it for a few minutes..... I gently dunk it in and out a few times [the water turns darker ] I empty the basin out and rinse water through the base i.e. holding the system upside down. I gently squeeze the excess water from the hair and then apply my conditioner and work it through the hair with my fingers and a plastic hair brush with rounded-tips on the ends of the spines.... I let it sitting for 20 minutes or so, then rinse under running water -again through the base onto the hair....then I blot-dry it on a towel. Spray liberally with my [`Enhance`]leave-in conditioner and gently style it and allow to dry---always be careful brushing or combing wet / damp system hair as it tends to swell up until dry and you can damage it. I only do this once a month or so...I was working outside a few days ago and was sweating a lot --I just took the system off and rinsed the base with water to remove sweat--acids in sweat will weaken/damage any type of base even poly [ but it is pretty hard-wearing compared to lace] ... in such a situation the hair itself is not `dirty`as such...but the base has soaked sweat...so for pure hygiene and to prevent damage from sweat, a simple base-rinse is fine. I just use `Enhance` and lately have been using `Brylcreem` [but not the two together] I shampoosed the system last night using the `Remysoft` 3-stage treatment [ http://www.remysofthair.com/ ] which JRob was involved in formulating/marketing.....over the next few days I can either re-apply the `Bluemax` sealer onto damp hair or just use my `Enhance`conditioner.....sometimes I like the `Brylcreem` look/effect so I`ll graduate over to that ....a little of that goes a long way and you can freshen it up `in between` appllications by simply misting the hair with water and styling as usual.....using too much will leave the hair looking too heavy/greasy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get glue out of hair/shower with just tape - Paul In Ireland - 11-09-2011, 09:01 AM