Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get glue out of hair/shower with just tape
11-09-2011, 10:39 AM,
RE: Get glue out of hair/shower with just tape
Eric..skeletors issue is nothing major as such...even experienced wearers often get residue onto their growing hair... it`s just that he`s new to wearing and it`s something he`s not had to deal with before now..... these things are easy enough to deal with provided you have a selection of/ alternative glues and tapes and clean-up solutions.... I seem to remember reading that Ghost bond is hard to get off without using the maker`s melter fluid,so that`s why `regular`melter is not breaking it down so well..... in between your trips to your stylist, you`re going to have to shower and deal with `bed-head` in the mornings, so it`s best to not be too phased by the whole wearing thing...it`s not as hard as you might think really, so don`t let a story of an `issue` put you off from doing your own de/re bonds......once your system`s been styled-in, it`s only a matter of positioning it correctly and using bonding materials that `agree`with you. The stylist you intend going to has a good reputation so pay attention to what she does and you`ll be doing your own in no time...guarantee you`ll be back on here in no time saying it was way easier than you thought....regards, Paul.
ps.....link here to one Ghost bond supply source...scroll down the page to see the slovents which are suitable for using with it.... citrus-based c-22 being one and `Ghostbond`remover made by the Ghostbond company.
You will note the application-directions have written in bold type ``Do not apply to lace bases`` and that`s true for every glue..NEVER apply glue to a lace base....ALWAYS apply to skin only.
http://www.hairdirect.com/store/Ghost-Bo...1-3Oz.aspx
11-09-2011, 10:51 AM,
Thanks Paul, that's my main worry right now, is the whole re/de bonding stuff. Just seems a little scary but like you state, probably won't be as intimidating as I think once I do it a few times.
11-09-2011, 09:36 PM,
Hi Matt .. yeah supertape can be a bit tricky all right.. even handling the rolls, I find it literally sticks to my fingers before I even un-roll a piece. Some people have reported skin irritation from supertape,so, again, it shows `different folks,different strokes`..... I`ve been using Walker No- Shine of late--just a few little short strips as I like to take this off for sleeping. Have you tried the bubble-wrap for removing residue yet? Just get some of that as an alternative to using a mirror/glass surface....you can discard it rather than having the hassle of getting a gooey mess off the mirror...it`s just that clear bubble material you see in padded envelopes and used when packing fragile items when a person is shipping them. That `tip`was posted by another wearer some time ago. I know a lot of guys have to or like an all-over head bond using glues etc..... I`m very lazy and only use a few small strips of tape daily.... I just can`t be bothered with all that `hassle` but I know not everybody has that `luxury` due to lifestyle and work commitments etc. Try the bubble wrap and see how you get on...regards, Paul.
11-10-2011, 02:23 AM,
Uh oh! I've shampooed my hair twice with the unit on. Guess I won't do that again...

I was able to get the glue out of my real hair though. I'm going to order some of that c-22 stuff and see how it goes. I'm just using walker no shine tape around e perimeter and ghost bond in the front. The glue in the front is annoying because I can't seem to get it all off my scalp (because the glue melter doesn't work that well) and hairs from my piece are getting stuck in it. It seems like that makes it more noticeable.

But it's officially been one week that I've been wearing...so I'm trying not to get too discouraged.
11-10-2011, 11:21 AM,
Bubble wrap needs to be in every hairwearers arsenal imo. Get the type with not small or too big bubbles. Place the bubble wrap on a magazine or book, and place on your lap. Then slide the piece down. You will get minimal fraying at the hairline doing this, but you just trim this off.