Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get glue out of hair/shower with just tape
11-08-2011, 02:47 PM,
Get glue out of hair/shower with just tape
ok so I have two questions here..

first...how do I get glue out of my hair? I really don't feel like the PURE stuff I bought from debbie does all that great at getting it out of hair...

and second...I taped around the edges of the base this time, instead of using glue. it feels less secure for sure, but I officially hate glue. can I shower and shampoo my hair with just tape? I think I'd like to be able to do that...

the tape I'm using is the C curvature things from Debbie...I forget exactly which ones...but if I was guessing, I'd say Walker no shine...

thanks everyone...this glue is the death of me.
11-08-2011, 09:21 PM,
RE: Get glue out of hair/shower with just tape
Hi Skeletor...not being sarcastic but you shouldn`t have glue IN your hair at all...how come glue is stuck in there? At a guess, it sounds to me that you`ve either [or both] applied heavy layers of glue and /or not allowed it to go almost dry before pressing the lace down into it, resulting in it seeping through onto the hair. In order to de-bond a system from tape and/or glue you simply use lace-release, allow a few minutes for it to loosen the grip, then peel the system off...most of the residues should be on the scalp.Any residue on the lace can be removed by applying glue-melter or one of the citrus0based ones mentioned below and sliding the lace on a glass surface [the `mirror-slide`technique] or by wiping it with bubble-wrap [that packing- material] Debbie`s glue melter needs time to `attack` the residues and break them down for ease of wipe-off. Sometimes needs 2 or 3 applications/wipes. If there`s glue stuck in the hair I suggest you use a citrus-base product like `Re-move` or `Desolve it` http://www.amazon.com/Desolv-Citrus-Solu...B000BQWVTQ Apparently it`s available in stores in the USA also. I reckon glue itself is not your problem --it`s the way you`re using/applying it. There are many posts and thread down the forum on how to use glues and how the various ones `behave`for different guys. Again, different tapes have different hold-strengths like glues...it`s a question of experimenting with a few until you find one which you like best.. regards, paul.
11-09-2011, 01:09 AM,
Yeah I think it's obvious I'm doing something wrong. But I have no idea how to do otherwise. I followed the directions on the ghost bond website. Wheni went to get the glue off my scalp, it all went down into my (real-should have made that clear) hair. So now, my real hair feels all oily.

I'm 1 week into wearing. I certainly look better but my issues with the glue are so incredibly frustrating. I am now using tape all around the base with only glue at the hairline...which I still can't seem to get perfect.
11-09-2011, 02:12 AM,
Oh right---I thought it was in your system hair. Yeah, you`re in the learning-curve just now... there are many glues/tapes as you know and they `behave`differently depending on your body physiology.....some people are delighted with ghost-bond, others not so happy..just depends. Just from memory but do Ghostbond makers recommend you use their glue-melter too ? Did you buy it from the makers[ http://www.prohairlabs.com] ? They have their own remover--I can`t say whether it`s any `better`than let`s say a citrus-based one...naturally enough, they`ll recommend their own product. It doesn`t sound that you are actually ```doing something wrong`` as such... glue residue can easily get onto your growing hair during a de-bond and clean-up......just sounds as if the Ghostbond is kind of `resistant`the Glue melter which is basically Alcohol..... this is just a `teething`issue for you....try a different glue and see how you get one...many guys like `Oil-resistant white glue`` both in terms of strength of hold and ease of clean-up. You obviously need to get your hair properly clean again or the blend-in will not be undetectable to sight..... citrus based fluids are very very good at breaking down glue and tape residue..... that`s why I always advise newbies to have a selection of glues and tapes to hand so that in the event of an initial issue arising, you have a different product in your arsenal which you can try. Just be patient with the glue-melter....it may be a bit tedious but it eventually will remove / clean your growing hair..... but it sounds like Ghost bond is not for you. Cheers .. Paul.
11-09-2011, 03:55 AM,
Just out of interest are you suppose to place the glue on the lace then stick it to your head or glue your head then apply the lace? I plan to use tape but would like to know anyway.

p.s. AI assume you place the tape on lace first?
11-09-2011, 04:37 AM,
I placed the glue on my head and then the piece on top...as directed by ghost bond.

I think I'm just going to use tape around the edges for now..placing them on the base of the lace. It worked pretty well and I know that clean up will be much easier. I'm just using glue at the front. It's the best attachment that I've done so far, but it's far from perfect.

The one thing I should have done was put a strip of tape down the middle of my head. That would make this a little better for me.
11-09-2011, 06:08 AM,
Glue must NEVER be applied to the system or you`ll end up with an unholy mess--always apply several THIN coats to the skin ,and allow each to go very very tacky/almost dry... when the last coat is ready/cured, press your lace down onto it. Tapes are fine to apply to your base. Regards, Paul.
11-09-2011, 06:20 AM,
I can shampoo my system on my head while it's attached with tape around the base, right? It's walker no shine tape...you'd think it'd be shower safe?
11-09-2011, 09:01 AM,
The sensi-tac [ red roll ? ] is a nice easy tape to work with .. I used to use it a lot when I had a poly strip on the perimeter of my toppers but it`s really only for short-term / lighter holds --- there`s no `fuss ` with it and no residue --well I removed it daily so I guess that explains that. I like the nice wide roll.. really easy to work with but when I used it with this light/er density Fullcap, I could see shine through the hair.... one of JRobs` tips is to smear the tape with a little glue to dull down the shine, if you have a shine-through with certain tapes.
``I can shampoo my system on my head while it's attached with tape around the base, right? It's walker no shine tape...you'd think it'd be shower safe? ``--- it`s really best to shampoo your system in a basin of water in my opinion..rubbing shampoo on in the shower can lead to things like tangling ... certainly there`s no problem in getting the hair wet as such, but if you need to use shampoo on your own hair you can easily do so while avoiding the system..... I add some [system] shampoo to a basin of lukewarm water and simply immerse the system in it for a few minutes..... I gently dunk it in and out a few times [the water turns darker ] I empty the basin out and rinse water through the base i.e. holding the system upside down. I gently squeeze the excess water from the hair and then apply my conditioner and work it through the hair with my fingers and a plastic hair brush with rounded-tips on the ends of the spines.... I let it sitting for 20 minutes or so, then rinse under running water -again through the base onto the hair....then I blot-dry it on a towel. Spray liberally with my [`Enhance`]leave-in conditioner and gently style it and allow to dry---always be careful brushing or combing wet / damp system hair as it tends to swell up until dry and you can damage it. I only do this once a month or so...I was working outside a few days ago and was sweating a lot --I just took the system off and rinsed the base with water to remove sweat--acids in sweat will weaken/damage any type of base even poly [ but it is pretty hard-wearing compared to lace] ... in such a situation the hair itself is not `dirty`as such...but the base has soaked sweat...so for pure hygiene and to prevent damage from sweat, a simple base-rinse is fine. I just use `Enhance` and lately have been using `Brylcreem` [but not the two together] I shampoosed the system last night using the `Remysoft` 3-stage treatment [ http://www.remysofthair.com/ ] which JRob was involved in formulating/marketing.....over the next few days I can either re-apply the `Bluemax` sealer onto damp hair or just use my `Enhance`conditioner.....sometimes I like the `Brylcreem` look/effect so I`ll graduate over to that ....a little of that goes a long way and you can freshen it up `in between` appllications by simply misting the hair with water and styling as usual.....using too much will leave the hair looking too heavy/greasy.
11-09-2011, 10:23 AM,
MattNH-Lol to your waking up with piece on pillow, I am gonna be wearing for first time ever and have a feeling if I saw my piece lying next to me on pillow when I first woke up I'd have a heart attack thinking some animal was lying next to me till I realized it's my hair.

As far as Skeletors situation, this is exactly why I am going to go to a stylist for my first few times until I get the hang of putting on and setting glue and so forth, I would recommend that if you continue having issues. The one I am seeing is very reasonable price wise as far as having peace of mind that it will look good and she will teach me proper way of setting the piece.