Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
free style or spiky front help from new wearer
11-07-2011, 06:09 PM,
free style or spiky front help from new wearer
Hello guys,

I am a new wearer and I wanted to order a stock piece. I gather from the discussion on the forum that spiky front is more easy to style than the free style.
I wanted to know which one is better among the two. I am trying to achieve a spiked hairstyle and also a center part at times. So I am looking for that flexibility.
Also I want to know from the experienced wearers, it is advised to have 5% less dense hair in the front that on the rest of the piece.

Thanks in advance
11-07-2011, 11:55 PM,
RE: free style or spiky front help from new wearer
You won't be able to order a stock piece with a different front density or style, they come 'as is' (65% medium density & freestyle venting), hence the term 'in stock'. Regards
11-08-2011, 12:27 AM,
If I was you I`d do a template and order a custom-made system, so you can specify what you want...stocks are a `middle-of-the-road` item----yes they can work well for some wearers but the best way to get what you want in terms of style/density/fit etc., is to design your own system, and have it made for you. By the way, stocks are graduated at the front, so the density is `stepped` for a natural look. Paul.
11-08-2011, 02:26 AM,
Oh, I must have missed where it says stocks are graduated. Can you show where it says that on the order page? Regards
11-08-2011, 06:15 AM,
What actually is spikey front compared with freestyle? Is it flatback?
11-08-2011, 06:15 AM,
What actually is spikey front compared with freestyle? Is it flatback?
11-08-2011, 06:22 AM,
It doesn`t specify Graduated ,on the specifications on that page... I have asked John to clarify the issue...meanwhile here is part of an older post by John in relation to custom systems.....
03-12-2011, 03:14 AM Post: #2
ToplaceUSA
Posting Freak

RE: Before sending the order in...
``The photo is 60-65%. All hair lines are graduated by the factory unless the customers specifies a non-graduated front---and we have only a handful of young guys in their 20's that request that. ``
I think it can be safely concluded, that if only a handful of guys specifically request Non-graduated fronts on custom-made systems, it`s very very unlikely that stocks will be Non-graduated as they simply would not be what most wearers want. I have asked John to confirm this ...regards, Paul.
11-08-2011, 11:41 AM,
Thanks guys.

How do I thin the hair on the system? Are there any products which does that.

Thanks
11-08-2011, 08:04 PM,
You can apply `Nair` or `veet` [those hair-removal creams women use] carefully to the knots, before the application of Knot-sealer [if you are intending to apply it--I recommend you do so] Be aware that not all the hair will shed/brush out immediately --some more will come out in the next day or two, so go `easy` initially. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPULkcyVD2Y
(11-08-2011, 06:15 AM)Hairenough Wrote: What actually is spikey front compared with freestyle? Is it flatback?

Spikey front is literally just that... hair is standing-up /spiked-up at the front. It`s a nice style but it does expose the hairline...you can see a pic if you click on the `Photo Gallery` tab at the top of the page....it`s a `sliding`photo gallery which move from right-to-left across the screen.... it moves quickly....just hover your cursor/mouse over the pics as they move and they go slower......keep an eye out for the 2nd-last one... it`s a spikey front.... just so you know which one I mean, the one next to it is of 4 guys with their eye area blacked out, and the next/last one is the blue `American hair loss Association` logo. Also be aware that the photo gallery is not viewable with some browsers....my Google Chrome will not open it... I can view it fine using `Firefox`.... Paul.
11-09-2011, 07:22 AM,
Thanks Paul. Oh wow I don't know if it's just firefox or what but the gallery is not working so well for me. The thumnails block half the main photo so I can't even see all of the pic when each one comes up.