Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John, this Korean Guy
11-05-2011, 10:31 AM,
John, this Korean Guy
Was curious as to what he has to offer Toplace.

I know BA swore by him but anything that BA wrote or said must be treated as gobbledygook

Is the Korean gentleman offering you the super fine lace like he supplied BA with? If so, have you examined it and would you be happy to order it?

BA would say the reason for delays was due to how fine the lace was and it was always tearing when it was being made, however, believe that if you want

IMO, a thin lace front with Swiss or French lace for the rest would be mind blowing
11-05-2011, 11:05 AM,
RE: John, this Korean Guy
The Korean guy is sending me samples. I've seen many of those units through the Korean exchange program and they were nothing special. But I'll do a side-by-side comparison. A lace that tears when it's being knotted sounds just like a typical BA story--that would push production costs through the roof plus how would you manage removal and re-attachment without tearing it?
11-05-2011, 12:31 PM,
I ordered 3 Korean pieces, and only 1 came back with a thinner lace. The others (which were promised to have thin lace, new bleaching method, perfect ventilation) were anything but that. They were crappy stocks with unbleached knots and thick lace.....the dude was a straight up lying piece of sh*t.
11-05-2011, 08:36 PM,
(11-05-2011, 12:31 PM)mcat45 Wrote: I ordered 3 Korean pieces, and only 1 came back with a thinner lace. The others (which were promised to have thin lace, new bleaching method, perfect ventilation) were anything but that. They were crappy stocks with unbleached knots and thick lace.....the dude was a straight up lying piece of sh*t.

The first one i got, the lace was incredibly visible. How on earth BA (the crook) expected anyone to wear that piece of garbage is beyond belief. i sent it back and got another one, although not as bad as the first one, the lace was still visible- so visible i had to have a comb down style to avoid detection

The third one, the lace was the so called "thin lace" which im currently wearing. It really is incredible, I'll give BA(the crook) this, an amazing product

Ive had the peice on my head for a few months and despite how delicate it is, there has been very little shedding, which astounds me

But do you know what? If BA says the sky was blue I would doubt that, if he says water is wet, id doubt that too as he is just a liar....So basically, we cant even be certain if the thin lace is from the Korean or not, but here's hoping it is and John could be persuaded with it
11-06-2011, 09:03 AM,
My understanding is that BA was not using "the Korean" during the period of time that he was sending out very thin lace units. I believe he stopped using the Korean quite some time before his business went under. So I don't think the Korean is going to have the very thin lace that we want. I wish I knew the factory he was using in his final months.
11-06-2011, 09:38 AM,
is that thinlace that much better than this SFS? how is the sfs btw? my custom should be here within the next week
11-06-2011, 01:20 PM,
(11-06-2011, 09:03 AM)dino1 Wrote: My understanding is that BA was not using "the Korean" during the period of time that he was sending out very thin lace units. I believe he stopped using the Korean quite some time before his business went under. So I don't think the Korean is going to have the very thin lace that we want. I wish I knew the factory he was using in his final months.

I bet that James Kennedy guy knows. He seems to have his nose in everyone's business, and always talks about knowing the owner of the factories that BA and everyone uses.
11-06-2011, 04:10 PM,
(11-06-2011, 01:20 PM)mcat45 Wrote:
(11-06-2011, 09:03 AM)dino1 Wrote: My understanding is that BA was not using "the Korean" during the period of time that he was sending out very thin lace units. I believe he stopped using the Korean quite some time before his business went under. So I don't think the Korean is going to have the very thin lace that we want. I wish I knew the factory he was using in his final months.

I bet that James Kennedy guy knows. He seems to have his nose in everyone's business, and always talks about knowing the owner of the factories that BA and everyone uses.

This lace?. . .
I could swat flies with his lace. This site was kind to give me a free unit that looks great btw to make up for me getting screwed over by an unrelated seller. So this site has a stand up fellow.
11-08-2011, 04:54 AM,
I was rummaging through some old units yesterday and came across an old unit from another company (neither Toplace nor BA). This unit had a very thin lace, in comparison to what I've gotten from other companies. It makes a big difference if you want a comb back style. I can send a sample of it to John if that helps. John?
11-08-2011, 05:01 AM,
Hi Dino,
Please send it in--I'd love to see it.
Thanks,
John