Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why cant you touch someones system hair?
11-05-2011, 11:43 PM,
RE: why cant you touch someones system hair?
(11-05-2011, 11:05 AM)elvis Wrote: so its not that the hair on the hair system itself feels weird or suspect?

Why would the hair feel any different ? It`s human hair, not synthetic, therefore it feels no different to naturally growing hair. I have never had a problem with anyone who knows that I wear, either feeling the texture of the hair or attempting to remove the system when [ the odd occasion] I`ve done a full-head bond...... I`ve `challenged `them to try to pull the thing off my head as a joke......impossible.....even using a layer of `Got2B` glued ,there is NO way the system will even begin to loosen.
My guess as to people on TV etc. not liking people `going at`their hair is simply because they`ve gone to the trouble to style their hair and don`t want it messed-up ...it has nothing to do with a system coming loose/off--it simply will NOT happen. Even when I had all my own hair I never liked anyone `messing`it up... I think people who wear can be more `conscious` of their look, especially when under the glare of TV cameras etc. and certainly don`t want to be sitting there with their hair messed up....but as for a casual touch, well I can`t say why some people wouldn`t like it..personally I wouldn`t have any issue with someone simply wanting to touch the hair if I`d made them aware that it was actually a system..... the only difference with wearing a system of 100% human hair and a full head of growing hair, is that system hair is attached to an artificial scalp.
11-06-2011, 08:35 AM,
thanks for that reply paul Smile very informative
11-06-2011, 10:51 AM,
great post paul,i never liked my hair touched, as it was difficult to acheive that style with my old natural wirey hair type which i used to straighten,
i must say i really do think that wearing has made that mising jigsaw in my life complete.
hair never made a life perfect, but it sure goes along way to giving you one hell of a daily boost.
"you never miss it till its gone" to bloody true.
i knew one day id turn to wearing as a last resort, but didnt realise how relativley easy the game is once youve got youre little routine worked out.
greatful to paul and everyone for sharing experiances and advice.
i love to see youre pics, when i see a paper clip i get exited, lol
regards all anty Smile
11-06-2011, 03:04 PM,
anty you have also been helpful Smile thanks
11-06-2011, 04:01 PM,
Hey guys,
I haven't posted much for a few months now.
Just wanted to give you all an update.
I've been wearing for almost a year now.
It is no big deal. I wish I had done this even sooner actually.

I got my routine down to this:
I de/re every week. Sometimes every 2 weeks.
I've tried all kinds of tapes/glues. . . u name it.
Now I only use tape all around and a couple of pieces for the middle.
I release with alcohol while wearing a headband to keep my eyes protected.
I spray some citrus solvent on the piece. Let the base soak it up for 10 mins.
Then shampoo a couple of times in the sink.
I let it dry and then spray some conditioner.

What I do different than most of u is I apply tape on my head instead.
I apply tape on the front of the base only. I have found this way to be so much easier and ensure that the whole tape is not overlapping into my own hair. Makes bonds last longer.

My daily/morning routine is simple. I don't shampoo it. I get outa the shower and spray some water that has a teaspoon of conditioner and comb gently.

once in a while I color the piece n my hair dark brown.
I've bought a couple of pieces and they r holding up great.

It looks completely natural. Never been busted etc.
Most of the time I forget I'm wearing it. . .

Perhaps someday I'll just shave it all off . . . But I was not ready to do it.
Plus I really look so much better with this. It helps "frame" the face.

My advice is this:
If you're starting to have a noticeable bold spot and recession at the front. Take the dive into this game Now.
If you're baldness is advanced. Start of with an extra light density piece and show lotsa forehead. . . Your next piece can be denser.

Anyways,
It's been a positive experience.
This game is the best kept "secret" out there. Men don't seek this avenue due to the stereotypes about "rugs" etc. LOL.
11-06-2011, 05:02 PM,
thanks a lot for this balamouti. Is there anyway you can post pics? or maybe email some in private? your post has really helped me lighten up about my future wearing
oh, and when u say you apply tape to your head only.. do you mean u dont use tape on the base? just the fron portion?
11-06-2011, 09:02 PM,
The above -posts should help all you guys waiting on delivery of your first ever system to relax a bit.....it`s all pretty straightforward once you`ve done your homework on here, got a selection of products in and have a decent stylist lined up. Debbie does cut-ins for those people who cannot locate a stylist nearby or who live miles from one.....from what I`ve seen and read, guys are quite happy with the results..... I also think that even if the system needed a little `tweaking`, you`d easily be able to go into any stylist, tell them it`s a system that`s been already styled/cut-in, and just needs a little nip-and-tuck to help with the blend-in onto the growing hair. I also attach tapes directly to the scalp ....I don`t use much anyway as I take this system off nightly, but I find it easier to do it that way. You`ll find your own `way`of doing things after a while ...also, if at first you make little mistakes like getting strands of hair stuck to tape or glue, don`t tear the hair off--simply dab a little lace-release onto it and it will free the hair. I guess though for your trip to the stylist to have it cut in, it`s probably best to attach strips to the base and have the corners of the backing strips peeled/scrunched back a little so that once it`s positioned on your head correctly, you or the stylist can easily peel them off and press the [now] exposed tape against the skin....just saves you delaying the stylist----some might grow impatient standing behind you while you try different attachment methods ! I`m using Walker no-shine presently and find it quite good ...can be a little tricky getting a `start`on the backing tape but once you`ve got it, it peels off easily enough.....I find tape/s in general can be a bit `fiddly`to work with but for a trip to the stylist they save time.....I used a coating of `Got2B` for my last topper and it was fine..not so great at the edges in places...tended to lift so she had to be careful with the scissors there but otherwise it was fine.... wearing has a learning curve initially but after a little while you`ll find what products and `routine` suits you as an individual....cheers, Paul.
11-07-2011, 03:15 AM,
(11-06-2011, 05:02 PM)elvis Wrote: thanks a lot for this balamouti. Is there anyway you can post pics? or maybe email some in private? your post has really helped me lighten up about my future wearing
oh, and when u say you apply tape to your head only.. do you mean u dont use tape on the base? just the fron portion?

I'm glad it helps.
To find pix of me. Search for my username on this forum. I have a photobucket link with tonnes of pix.
About the tape. I only apply tape to the very front of the base.
The rest of the tape I apply straight on my scalp.
When I attatch the piece, I start off getting the front on my scalp. Then I "roll"/stretch the rest of the piece on my head (sides/back).
I then apply pressure all over to ensure it's all good.
Spray some water and style. . .out the door u go :-).

I still wake up at 7:00 am to go to work. It does not "add" time to my morning routine of shower/dressing to go to work etc.
On Sunday it takes 30 mins to take my sweet time to de/re and it's all good to go.
11-07-2011, 07:23 AM,
cant find any of your pics Sad