Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl needs some help
11-04-2011, 02:34 PM,
Girl needs some help
Hello!
What's with women around here? I see women forum hasn't been active since 2009...
So i hope you could help guys...

So i'm interested in topper (long hair) and would like your opinion on what kind of base should i go with regarding:

- I do a lot of sports (dancing and gymnastics) so I sweat a lot and want to feel extra secure with it on while doing all of that

- i'm on budget - still a student so extended life span would do much for me in terms of expense i think

So how much is your system lifespan? What base do i go for?
What tape to use?

Long story short - i would like some guidance Smile
11-04-2011, 03:16 PM,
RE: Girl needs some help
I find davlyn black glue works the best for any activity including underwear swimming. I get a really good hold from it and it lasts a week. davlyn green works for some better then black does. Its best to try each one.

When I had a long hair system I found the life span was a lot less. I get 4-6 months out of a system with 4 inch hair. With my 8-10 inch I had 3 months. I had to pay a lot of attention to things that could snag it. Like hiking and twigs! Also I had to go with 75% or lower density or it was ay to heavy. When I knew I was going to have a busy week I would always go blue liner tape.

I always go all lase but I use a product to make a lase protector. Its called fabric fusion. Its too shiny to put up front so I make a horseshoe. A poly prim' would help the hold I'm sure. I just could not stand it folding where it dint fit my head shape.
11-04-2011, 10:15 PM,
Hi,
I would recommend all lace,it breathes and i never feel the base on my head,also lets the sweat through when you exercise,and rises well under the shower.

Tapes,i would try walker no shine,i get a good 5 to 7 days hold with it.I have used blue liner,but it breaks down quicker,but has a very good hold.Again you have to try the different tapes to see what works for you,and your body chemistry.

Regards topcat.
11-05-2011, 12:22 AM,
Ulao - will have that glue in mind when buying... It lasted so short? I've heard mixed things, like the lace doesn't rip a long time and hair that sheds can be returned for a touch up (putting new ones)... One woman said one system for her lasts for a year (from toplace, french lace, long hair). Isn't this possible?

I got recomended an excersise base. Is french lace enough for active person? Is there a big difference? Did someone tried both to give me a comparison?
Excersise base is somewhat more expensive

Topcat - you have a french lace or?

But really, where are the women on this forum?
11-05-2011, 07:01 AM,
I believe they are not activ or just quiet readers, but the gender doesnt really matter at the hair topic.
for example: http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4675

That means the knowledge and tipps are for everyone.
11-05-2011, 01:06 PM,
Yes, i did and am still reading forum, i get all info about the process of bonding but wanted to hear how does the long hair behaves and of course - how it finally looks on them. There really isn't many female photos around here.
I've never worn supplemental hair, and don't have anything like this in my country, so i can just rely on pictures to really make a step into bonding.
11-06-2011, 12:52 AM,
It`s not possible to have more hair added into a system once it sheds..particluarly on Polyurethane bases, as the hair is injected by machine into them,..... lace bases can have a `patch`job done on them, but for the cost, it`s more economical to simply replace the system once shedding becomes an issue... shedding should really only begin towards the end of the `life`of a system.... it`s not worth having new hair added as the new hair will also look `fresh` and different to the existing/older hair . These Toplace systems are affordable and therefore the best thing is to replace a system once/if shedding starts. Some wearers get maybe 3 months wear out of one, others can and get over 6 months...depends on many `local`factors such as your care routine, your lifestyle [swimming in chlorinated water is hard on any hair] so it`s no possible to give a concrete estimate of how long a particular system will last, no more than how an individual`s body physiology will react to/with various bonding products and substances...it`s a case of individual `trial`to find what works best for you.I also think the reason there are mostly men on here is simply because men suffer baldness far more than women and usually [ but not always] women wear out of choice--particularly women of Afro-extraction as it seems to be part of their normal fashion to do so, even if they have pretty good growing hair.. I`ve seen many videos on Youtube of them bonding/cleaning their systems--it seems to be a `normal`part of their `routine`for many of them,whereas caucasian women don`t seem to be as into it at all, apart from needing a system in the unfortunate event of having to undergo Chemo therapy with the resultant hairloss.....just my `observations`..... Paul.
11-06-2011, 10:09 AM,
For lace I normally to a re add once. I get 8 moths that way ( split up ). I thin a year is pushing it. My costs was 100, with BA, not sure what John requires.

I have been wearing for 7 years and always get s-fine lase. I have never had a rip. Shedding is a bit problem for my as I tend to scratch my head a lot. Conditioner is the biggest cause for me, its best to not use it. Sometimes you just need to.

A lot of the ladies hung out on BA's form. Since he has decided to leave the business I think they may start showing up here. If you dont know who Debbie is, do yourself a favor and introduce yourself.
http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com
11-06-2011, 10:24 AM,
I could have possibly phrased that better..... yes it`s possible to have hair tied in again on a lace base, but Swiss lace can be delicate and by the time the hair starts shedding, the lace itself will be approaching the end of it`s serviceable life too....for the cost of it, it`s practically cheaper to just replace the system ... maybe you can get it done cheaply but my point was for the [reasonable] cost of a Toplace system, your overall look would be better with a new system rather than adding new/fresh hair into a system which is beginning to show it`s age. French lace lasts that bit longer than Swiss in general so maybe if the shedding wasn`t too bad, you might be able to extend the lifespan by adding new hair .... my own choice would simply order a new system rather than patching up a system which is beginning to show it`s age, but that`s just me.
11-07-2011, 11:49 AM,
Yes i get that, but with long hair it isn't more simple to just order new. Where your cost is close to the repair of a system, there is a long system (500$) where 100$ for more durability is something to think about. Do you also think so? Or it's just better to get new anyway?
(11-06-2011, 10:09 AM)ulao Wrote: For lace I normally to a re add once. I get 8 moths that way ( split up ). I thin a year is pushing it. My costs was 100, with BA, not sure what John requires.

I have been wearing for 7 years and always get s-fine lase. I have never had a rip. Shedding is a bit problem for my as I tend to scratch my head a lot. Conditioner is the biggest cause for me, its best to not use it. Sometimes you just need to.

A lot of the ladies hung out on BA's form. Since he has decided to leave the business I think they may start showing up here. If you dont know who Debbie is, do yourself a favor and introduce yourself.
http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com

I was thinking french lace. Would it last at least 6 months? I don't know, let say some average estimation? Toplase had answered it should.

About conditioner...if you had long hair, i would advise not to put it on top, but i guess your hair is short.

I did research her site but thought she only cuts hair, and doesn't advise on this