Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Interesting Hairpiece Story and Dealing with the Public
11-07-2011, 12:52 AM,
RE: Interesting Hairpiece Story and Dealing with the Public
(11-06-2011, 03:02 PM)elvis Wrote: if i was using a partial that only covered my frontal third. and had the hair behind it combed Over the partial. would i have these same issues with taking off hats etc?

Probably not ... but hard to say. This probably isn't as big an issue as you think. I know you're trying to account for every possible thing that could go wrong ... I understand, but there is a threshold where you've done your due diligence on research, and you just have to try wearing to see the cost vs. benefit.

Things like styling products are kind of a double edged sword ... they help blend the hair, disguise differences between yours and the system, calm down a new piece's puffiness, etc. But when taking off a tight hat, or motorcycle helmet, the same quality that helps you stick the hair in place, will allow that hair to stand straight up on it's own if it's suddenly pulled in that direction by wind or helmet removal.

Hats can be helpful too ... in flattening down a new piece that's a bit puffy.

Rest assured that your first experience wearing will likely be much better than mine ... i didn't know about this online DIY world of wearing. I went to a big chain "club" and they stuck a dead cat on my head ... color off, way too dense, thick mono base, obvious hair line ... it was traumatic. Perhaps they also do this to upsell you to more customized systems (read way more $). Eventually I got a much better result ... still, way too much money.

Here, you're getting current technology, spending time nailing your specs ahead of time, getting good advice from wearers who have no axe to grind in selling you something ... and you'll get much more honest suggestions from John as well, compared the hard sell clubs, who pray on insecurities.

FB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Hairpiece Story and Dealing with the Public - furball - 11-07-2011, 12:52 AM