Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Interesting Hairpiece Story and Dealing with the Public
11-03-2011, 05:14 PM,
Interesting Hairpiece Story and Dealing with the Public
Hi,
I had the ultimate getting busted last night,but without getting busted.

I belong to a running club,last night we get back from a run and everyone puts on a hat,as its a special occasion,myself and two others don't have a hat,so they are making fun of us in a good way about it,they turn there attention to me,and one of the guys in front of everybody, says he doesn't need a hat,he has a rug on !!!!!!!!!

Nobody there knows i wear,they have never seen me bald,they don't have a clue.I have truck loads of grey in my piece and low density good cut in.

I laughed with the group,and then thought,gee they are making fun of me,because they think i have my own full head of hair,and many in the group are bald.

I know some of you will think they know in the group that i wear,i don't think so,i have been with several women in intimate situations who didn't know i was wearing,its just goes to show how realistic these pieces can look,if done right.

Regards topcat
11-04-2011, 02:56 AM,
RE: Interesting Hairpiece Story and Dealing with the Public
i was involed with a hairdresser for awhile and she didnt have a clue, with the proper attachment and blending, it truly is magic
11-04-2011, 04:14 AM,
I'm a little confused... if they didn't think you wear, why would that person say you have a rug on?
11-04-2011, 04:47 AM,
The one time I got "outed", was when wearing a hat. I work outside, part time. It's get's windy as hell, so I ALWAYS wear a hat. That alone drew some suspicion. However, actually looking at myself with the hat/wig on, it's not too hard to see it's a wig. The hat actually cinches down the piece and lifts the back up a bit. Screws with the blending. Almost drove me to go full cap.

The good news, is that about 17 out of 20 people in the room had a shocked/confused look on their faces.
11-04-2011, 05:50 AM,
(11-04-2011, 04:14 AM)egghead Wrote: I'm a little confused... if they didn't think you wear, why would that person say you have a rug on?
yes i thought the same, why should someone ask you if you wear a wig, when they think you have a full head of hair?
11-04-2011, 08:25 AM,
ya, i also thought topcat was in denial, i just didnt want to burst his bubble.
also,robert james, could you elaborate on how it was that u got outted? you took the hat off and the piece came off or something?
11-04-2011, 12:18 PM,
That does sound a bit concerning. Part of me thinks it sounds like they really do know you wear a system and just haven't brought it up to you before and have kept it to themselves. On the other hand, on a windy day I was with some girls and my best friend said, "man i hate the wind!" while he was adjusting his windblown hair and one of the girls said, "ya that's just cuz you wear a toupee." I know for a hard fact my best friend doesn't wear, so she really did mean it as a joke....
11-04-2011, 12:57 PM,
Hi,
Im in Australia,and part of aussie humour between blokes is to take the piss about something in a way thats opposite to the truth,like if you have red hair they will call you bluey,if you are fat you are called skinny etc etc,i know the guy personally who made the comment and he woudn't have a clue about wearing,and he would never make that kind of comment if he knew i did wear,he would not be that rude.

I have been on a date with a woman who said she wouldn't date a guy who was bald or wore hair(i was wearing),so im not worried that i have been busted by a bloke who wouldn't know the difference.

Regards topcat
11-05-2011, 10:25 AM,
(11-04-2011, 08:25 AM)elvis Wrote: ya, i also thought topcat was in denial, i just didnt want to burst his bubble.
also,robert james, could you elaborate on how it was that u got outted? you took the hat off and the piece came off or something?

Basically the hat screws up the blend in the back. It shifts/lifts the fake hair ruining the illusion of seemless hair. Some people pick up on it.
11-05-2011, 09:53 PM,
(11-05-2011, 10:25 AM)Robert James Fischer Wrote:
(11-04-2011, 08:25 AM)elvis Wrote: ya, i also thought topcat was in denial, i just didnt want to burst his bubble.

Basically the hat screws up the blend in the back. It shifts/lifts the fake hair ruining the illusion of seemless hair. Some people pick up on it.

Yeah, my experience w/ hats has to do with the length of the topper. Having worn a variety of lengths, I've noticed that if the system hair is shorter than the edge of the hat, it will tend to lift and separate when the hat is removed (nothing a little mist and restyling won't cure, though). If the system hair is longer, and it's ends extend below the perimeter of the hat, no problems.

That said, I would still avoid removing a hat in public ...

FB