Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock unit 'crinkle'
11-03-2011, 12:32 AM,
Stock unit 'crinkle'
Hey everyone...I just received my first stock unit yesterday. I rushed out, shaved my head, and attached the piece.

So far, I think it's decent. Having never done this before, the hair line isn't totally flush against my scalp and can be noticed under close observation. Of course, I can tell every time I look at it...but I think ate too be expected.

My question, is that it feels like there are parts of the lace on the top of my head that feel crinkled...like I can feel a ridge. Is this normal? I'm using ultra hold all around the perimeter and a piece of blue lace tape in the middle. Do you have any suggestions to apply the piece better so there are no wrinkles or ridges in it!

Does anyone Knopf a good video on attaching the piece? The two I've seen online haven't been loads of help...

Thanks...I plan on reattaching the piece tonight after work...hopefully it goes better
11-03-2011, 01:40 AM,
RE: Stock unit 'crinkle'
This is one of the drawbacks of stock systems....they are generally a `middle-of-the-road`solution ..the only way to get a proper fit for most people is send in a template of your head and get yourself a custom-fit system. Some people are lucky enough and find they get a nice fit with a stock...that`s just the way the cookie crumbles. You will get pleats as you can feel, if the system is not following the contours of your head-shape. You`ll just have to do your best to `live`with this issue...meanwhile, make a template and send it in for a proper fit. These clips may help : http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...ystem&aq=f
11-03-2011, 02:19 AM,
I have a template that I sent to Debbie to trim the stock unit to. I'll see if she. An send it to toplace.

Do you know of any videos of attaching a unit? And if there are crinkles in it, does that hurt the unit? Really, as long as its not 'poofing' out my hair where it's a bit bunched together, I'm not terribly upset.

And I am happy with the results so far. Like I said, I need to work on the hairline as I like to spike it up a bit in the front and right now it's not really possible.

But thanks for the input.
11-03-2011, 03:13 AM,
I would imagine Debbie just discarded that once she had the system cut to size.....if I was you I`d simply take a little time to make a new template and send it to John . I have already posted a link in my previous reply above showing how to do attachments--did you not see it ?..... the creases will not do any harm/damage your system....they actually are usually pretty small but they feel much larger to your fingers, but you can snag them with your brush/comb when styling your hair....they are annoying more than anything else and if someone were to run their fingers through your hair they will certainly detect them, and also the hair at those points is not sitting `down`properly and can make you conscious of them sticking up a bit. The best way to achieve your aim of a spiked-up front, with the obvious exposing of the front hairline of your system, will be to get a custom-made system so you can `relax` a bit without worrying about detectability to casual observers. Regards, Paul.