Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Advice- I'm at a Crossroads *PICS Added
11-07-2011, 10:37 AM,
RE: Need Advice- I'm at a Crossroads *PICS Added
(11-07-2011, 04:55 AM)drew100 Wrote: I was contemplating doing the two triangle pieces but I was just wondering if that would make it harder to maintain a good attachment since there is a very little area to be bonded down. I can see those two pieces coming loose much easier than a bigger partial piece. there might also be an issue trying to style those two triangle pieces with the existing hairline which may be difficult. But then again if I give it a shot it might be better then my current situation

Well, I'm with Paul on the drugs and the worry about bonding ...

Bonding those pieces will not be harder, or less secure, than any other attachment of any size ...

I'd investigate all you can about Propecia ... it may not help the front, the side effects are not rare, can last even after discontinued use ... and if you have to stop taking it due to side effects or cost, all the hair you kept will fall out ... pretty much all at once.

Your point about styling difficulty is valid ... it is possible you could have some challenges with the front hairline if you plan to expose all of it ... maybe some discontinuity between the front of the partials and your own hairline, but this is speculation. With a comb forward style, bangs/fringe, or a parting w/ only part of the hairline exposed, you should find more than one style that is workable.

I'm not sure how dense your front middle section is. If it's mostly concealer in the photos, then this solution might not work. If the middle's OK, I think I'd try placing the front of the partials farther back than the red line in your photo. In other words, leave some recession. Get as much mileage as you can out that front section of your own hair. I might try a center part, hair to the sides, camouflaging the front of the partials a bit ...

I guess I'm getting into too detailed speculation ... anyway, it seems worth a try. Let us know how you make out !

FB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need Advice- I'm at a Crossroads *PICS Added - furball - 11-07-2011, 10:37 AM