Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Advice- I'm at a Crossroads *PICS Added
11-04-2011, 04:37 AM,
RE: Need Advice- I'm at a Crossroads *PICS Added
(11-03-2011, 10:08 AM)drew100 Wrote: UPDATE: I have decided to add some pics to show the hairline and the state of my hair. I wanted to know some opinions if proprecia would help or if I should just shave the front half of head and get a partial. I should mention that most of the top of my head is also covered with toppik.

I too use consealer and Im about to move to a system. If those photos are with Toppik then its hard to give a true answer as we cant see how far gone you are.

My personal opinion is that the world of cosmetics is far more advanced in this field than medicine is. The results from systems and concealers are instant, great and (health) risk free.

With drugs you are messing with your body and that is a big risk as you only get one. Propecia actually comes with a male breast cancer warning in the UK. This is what the UK National Health Service say:

"Breast cancer has been reported in men taking finasteride 1 mg during the post-marketing period. Physicians should instruct their patients to promptly report any changes in their breast tissue such as lumps, pain, gynaecomastia or nipple discharge."

Source: http://www.nelm.nhs.uk/en/NeLM-Area/Othe...vised-SPC/

If I were you, I would go cosmetic. But I am not you, so its your call to make.

I would get a partial on your receding and use toppik on the top for as long as you can bare the rain dodging and messy pillows and then move to a system. The trick is to get in early with the concealer (which you appear to have done) so no one knows how then you are, then move over to a system without people knowing. Just my opinion, yours and others on here may have a different opinion. Hope it helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need Advice- I'm at a Crossroads *PICS Added - Benq - 11-04-2011, 04:37 AM