Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
combing matted hair
08-30-2009, 02:11 PM,
combing matted hair
Just wondering if anyone has a solution to combing out bed head hair in the morning without washing ur hair and without damaging anything. Its a full cap and mattes sides and back.
08-30-2009, 04:04 PM,
Re: combing matted hair
anubi5 Wrote:Just wondering if anyone has a solution to combing out bed head hair in the morning without washing ur hair and without damaging anything. Its a full cap and mattes sides and back.

Sleeping on a satin pillowcase will go a long ways to prevent "bed head hair" in the first place.

Smile
Fred
08-30-2009, 06:16 PM,
FredTJ Wrote:
anubi5 Wrote:Just wondering if anyone has a solution to combing out bed head hair in the morning without washing ur hair and without damaging anything. Its a full cap and mattes sides and back.

Sleeping on a satin pillowcase will go a long ways to prevent "bed head hair" in the first place.

Smile
Fred

I have a satin pillowcase. It does nothing lol...
08-31-2009, 04:19 AM,
First thing in the morning I always use a wide tooth comb right off the bat to smooth things out. After that I switch to a normal comb.
08-31-2009, 08:54 AM,
After I get out of the shower everything is matted to my head and wet.

I usually brush my teeth, shave, get dressed, etc to allow the glue or tape to rebond itself from the heat of the shower...

Then I spray on a leave in conditioner. I like Nioxin Bliss Thermal Protector. Its a leave in conditioner and protector from the blow dryer.

Then I comb it forward, backward and to the side to get the movement and volume back into the hair. If you wear your hair down, comb it back to get some volume and lift into the hair. If you wear it up, comb it forward and to the sides and then blow it up to get the volume.

Hopefully that makes sense and helps!

If you are matted down from sleeping and don't want to wash it, a leave in conditioner would help it comb easier.

The brush I use has the plastic tips on the end so that it doesn't snag the hair or the lace. I recommend them! Sometimes the teeth of a comb can rip the hair a bit, or worse, the lace.
09-01-2009, 06:13 PM,
To give my hair lift again I just put water in a fine spray bottle thing and spray where needed and brush it through to the desired style. Let it dry and your good to go or add some product.
09-02-2009, 04:18 PM,
Keep in mind that hair tangling is mainly due to the remaining cuticle getting caught with cuticles running in the opposite direction.

A satin pillowcase doesn't hurt (but is mainly to help the unit retain moisture) but if you use the right maintenance products you shouldn't have this problem.