Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thick Base hair - eventually thinning
10-31-2011, 02:16 AM,
Thick Base hair - eventually thinning
I'm looking (eventaully) to achieve a centre parted hairstyle.
I'm going to mix it with my own hair.

Is it possible to have a thick base (where you cant see the scalp) but the hair eventually becoming thinner as it gets longer, as thats what my hair looks like now.

Thanks.
10-31-2011, 10:40 PM,
RE: Thick Base hair - eventually thinning
That would be hard for a ventilator to do.. it would mean using alternate lengths of hair and my guess is it could/would probably look `odd` because it wouldn`t be possible for a person hand-tying hair into/onto a lace base, to keep one `line`of hair at a particular length and the next line at half that length....... the only way to try to achieve this to my mind, and I`m NOT an expert or trained in hair-styling, would be to order a high-ish density at whatever length you decide on, and have your stylist use a thinning scissors to try to achieve your `look` by thinning[shortening] some `lines`of hair randomly . There are one or two stylists who wear and they post here at times...I think ``JamesKennedy` is one...maybe he can answer you better than I can if he sees your question....regards, Paul.
11-01-2011, 02:01 AM,
(10-31-2011, 10:40 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: That would be hard for a ventilator to do.. it would mean using alternate lengths of hair and my guess is it could/would probably look `odd` because it wouldn`t be possible for a person hand-tying hair into/onto a lace base, to keep one `line`of hair at a particular length and the next line at half that length....... the only way to try to achieve this to my mind, and I`m NOT an expert or trained in hair-styling, would be to order a high-ish density at whatever length you decide on, and have your stylist use a thinning scissors to try to achieve your `look` by thinning[shortening] some `lines`of hair randomly . There are one or two stylists who wear and they post here at times...I think ``JamesKennedy` is one...maybe he can answer you better than I can if he sees your question....regards, Paul.

Thanks, yeah I thought it would be really hard to achieve, I guess as I'm using my own hair it doesnt really have to get thinner.

What sort of density do you need for a very small partial not showing the scalp(lace).
11-01-2011, 02:22 AM,
Medium -to-heavy is 70-75% and Heavy is 80% upwards.
You could always run this past John in an e mail to see if your original idea is do-able... I suppose it might be possible but not being an expert in the actual nitty-gritty of how they tie these things in, I`m trying to visualise how it would look with maybe a `long`line of hair , let`s say running back-to frontand the next line alongside that, being half the length, then the next line long again....and that`s me assuimg that is actually the way they do it.....my guess is it`s not impossible, but probably/possibly something a ventilator might prefer to avoid? I`d be interested to have a definitive answer ! Paul.
11-01-2011, 03:11 AM,
Thats pretty close, I'm thinning in certain areas others and in other parts not, but its hard for me to achieve a natural thick parting so I wondered if I shaved the middle bit thats thinning I would still only need a small piece for the part and use existing hair to fill in the gaps (as it were). Its a little strange I know, but I'm thinking of how to create the hairstyle I have now but without the large amounts of toppik and hairspray.

I have ordered a partial that I'm hoping to cut just for the hairline to help my look but I've also been thinking about possibly having another one, just tring out different things to see whats best and what I'm more comfortable with.
11-01-2011, 05:07 AM,
Can you post a pic of your top or wherever it is you have most issue with? Would be handy to be able to see your existing hair-density and see what area you need covered...cheers, Paul.
11-01-2011, 09:47 AM,
I don't have any recent pics only old ones I have pics of my cover up job but thats not much use, but I know what I need there are a few options the next one I order I'll discuss it with toplace and see what they can do, thanks for your help.
11-02-2011, 01:22 PM,
Should you use dermmatch to get more time out of a piece?
11-02-2011, 08:03 PM,
jordo most guys would regard using dermatch and other concealers as a retrograde step in their wearing `career` as many struggled with hair loss and used those products liberally in their effort to conceal their thinning areas, taking up time and effort daily and then the issue of rain getting at it and making it `run` and the staining of pillow slips etc...... some guys still use a little if they have a slight blending-in issues [density-wise] but for the price of these systems, it`s relatively cheap to replace once when it`s had it`s day .....search down through the forum for posts by Antywanty.....he`s a classic example of how his heart was literally broken from the time and effort involved in using/applying concealers....that`s one guy on whom a tub of concealer would have the same effect as garlic to a vampire !! ;-)