Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transplant in front of hair system. Check this out guys!
10-30-2011, 09:02 PM,
RE: transplant in front of hair system. Check this out guys!
I've read positive and negative stories about having a transplant+ hairpiece. Some look fab but others have stated itts extremely hard to get the piece to settle behind the transplanted hair there was also something about getting it to match also, I cant exactly rememeber exactly the problems as it was posted on another forum thats now closed.

No doubt its a possibility, a risky one I suppose. Its something I've thought about but I could probably have a ht without needing a piece after but I havent done it despite thinking about it for a few years, but now I'm not sure I'll be a good candidate so the hairline + hairpiece does appeal because even a NW6 unless they have thinned in the donor area could probably get a few 1000 grafts, but again its dependant on so many factors age, pattern of the hairloss, donor density, etc....

Plus you may well find after the HT the results arent as good as you'h hoped or that like I stated before you find it difficult to mix the transplant with a piece then the surgery and money might have been a waste of time.

Then again it might be great, thats the problem with HT's its the not knowing, but if you do your research and know what your doing your chances of getting good results are better now then ever.

The main reason I havent had one is it would mean travelling half way around the world and having surgery on my own, I'm a very homely person and the actual travel puts me off rather than the cost etc....But having seen rooneys results it may mean that the UK is catching up with the rest of the world and if I did have one then maybe I wouldnt have to travel far but the UK results I've seen dont fill me with confidence.

This is why I'm looking for a small hairline piece so at least I wont look back in a few years and say 'well thats another few years wasted thinking about a ht' because the chances are the piece will look the same if not better than a HT so those years wouldnt have been wasted because at least I looked good.

There are plenty of possibilities out there which is great but the main thing to do is research!

Messages In This Thread
RE: transplant in front of hair system. Check this out guys! - standbyme - 10-30-2011, 09:02 PM