Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transplant in front of hair system. Check this out guys!
10-30-2011, 11:44 AM,
RE: transplant in front of hair system. Check this out guys!
ya but thats because they can only put minimal hairs at the front in a transplant. but if your surgeon knew you were willing to use extra donor hairs for the hairline i can guarantee ou a transplant front would look way more real than a lace front.. thats not to say a lace front is bad.. its just to say that the hair froma transplant REALLY will be coming out of your scalp
10-30-2011, 09:02 PM,
I've read positive and negative stories about having a transplant+ hairpiece. Some look fab but others have stated itts extremely hard to get the piece to settle behind the transplanted hair there was also something about getting it to match also, I cant exactly rememeber exactly the problems as it was posted on another forum thats now closed.

No doubt its a possibility, a risky one I suppose. Its something I've thought about but I could probably have a ht without needing a piece after but I havent done it despite thinking about it for a few years, but now I'm not sure I'll be a good candidate so the hairline + hairpiece does appeal because even a NW6 unless they have thinned in the donor area could probably get a few 1000 grafts, but again its dependant on so many factors age, pattern of the hairloss, donor density, etc....

Plus you may well find after the HT the results arent as good as you'h hoped or that like I stated before you find it difficult to mix the transplant with a piece then the surgery and money might have been a waste of time.

Then again it might be great, thats the problem with HT's its the not knowing, but if you do your research and know what your doing your chances of getting good results are better now then ever.

The main reason I havent had one is it would mean travelling half way around the world and having surgery on my own, I'm a very homely person and the actual travel puts me off rather than the cost etc....But having seen rooneys results it may mean that the UK is catching up with the rest of the world and if I did have one then maybe I wouldnt have to travel far but the UK results I've seen dont fill me with confidence.

This is why I'm looking for a small hairline piece so at least I wont look back in a few years and say 'well thats another few years wasted thinking about a ht' because the chances are the piece will look the same if not better than a HT so those years wouldnt have been wasted because at least I looked good.

There are plenty of possibilities out there which is great but the main thing to do is research!
10-31-2011, 03:49 AM,
(10-30-2011, 04:49 AM)elvis Wrote: good luck bro. i also just quit the propecia poison! I have a question though. why would your hair texture and texture from the piece not match well? were you using sythetic hairs or something? was it a major difference? how did it feel?
what was it about the piece that was bad?

Elvis,

I know many guys who are on propecia and have no sides but unfortunately I guess I/we are in the minority. To answer your question the piece I received is real human hair but the texture of the hair is definately different from my own. The hair on the piece is more shiney and has a higher diameter hair shaft if that makes any sense. Though the hair on the piece is human it almost seems synthetic, reminds me of hair you would find on a doll. I'm hoping that the piece the salon sold me is of lower quality and that is why the hair isn't up to my expectations. The other problem with the piece is that I specifically ordered the piece freestyle with no crown and it came in with a crown. Because it is a crown partial the thing is nothing but a crown swirl which is definately not going to work with my hair style. I also ordered the hair straight and it came in with a wave to it which also won't work as I have poker straight hair. That may not be as much of an issue because I am planning on cutting it down to about an inch as I like to keep my hair as short as possible so the wave wouldn't be as obvious. Hope this answers your question, I'll keep the forum updated on my exploits.
10-31-2011, 05:55 AM,
wow i hope the hair we get isnt like what you just stated
01-01-2012, 12:35 PM,
any updates? I wonder why we dont see more of this..if i had the money, id probably look into this idea. if they are just doing a hairline and temple area i see no reason why they cant make a dense hailine with transplants.. I wore a tiny partial system in the front when i first started wearing hair. I had to combine and blend my own very thin and crappy hair with the hai system hair. With a little concealer help and proper styling i was able to do it. so why can't the reverse be true, Unless tthe transplants really sucked.. why can't u wear a piece behind it, it should be easy. U could even use a little dermmatch to fill in any gaps or imperfections real easily.
btw the link dont work
01-02-2012, 12:40 AM,
I know someone who posted on another forum stated it was quite hard to put the piece up against the transplanted hair and to make it look good, It sunded (from what I remember) to be quite awkward to do.

It seems quite a lot to go through in the hope you can make it work, plus if you have the brush down style there isnt much point in doing it.

I have loss at the front and thinning at the crown, I can cover the back but this uses a lot of hair so I have to keep it long it also then limits me on hair at the front but with my hairline piece I can get a full head of hair.

If I had a HT I would lower my hairline because only then would I be happy brushing my hair back, so I guess a transplant + hair piece could work for me.

Like I said before I have the money but havent gone through woith it mainly due to the travelling involved.

If I did have a HT I would concentrate all my grafts on my hairline as I know I can cover my crown, its a possibility.
01-02-2012, 01:22 AM,
(01-02-2012, 12:40 AM)standbyme Wrote: If I had a HT I would lower my hairline because only then would I be happy brushing my hair back, so I guess a transplant + hair piece could work for me.

Anyone should be prepared for the real possibility that if you lower your hairline with transplants and for one of the many reasons possible, the results are not perfect, you will have to cover those results with a hairpiece that will have to be placed even lower on your forehead to disguise the scars.
You are then stuck with that low hairline for the rest of your life and you won't ever be able to recede it to a more age-appropriate position as you grow older.
As you become middle aged, your sides & temples thin out & recede, but you'd still have the front hairline of a much younger man.

That's going to look weird, whether its a transplanted hairline or a piece.
01-02-2012, 04:54 AM,
(01-02-2012, 01:22 AM)Hersute Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 12:40 AM)standbyme Wrote: If I had a HT I would lower my hairline because only then would I be happy brushing my hair back, so I guess a transplant + hair piece could work for me.

Anyone should be prepared for the real possibility that if you lower your hairline with transplants and for one of the many reasons possible, the results are not perfect, you will have to cover those results with a hairpiece that will have to be placed even lower on your forehead to disguise the scars.
You are then stuck with that low hairline for the rest of your life and you won't ever be able to recede it to a more age-appropriate position as you grow older.
As you become middle aged, your sides & temples thin out & recede, but you'd still have the front hairline of a much younger man.

That's going to look weird, whether its a transplanted hairline or a piece.

Yes this is true its certainly something I've thought about and may or may not lower it, not sure what you been by scars though. There wouldnt be scaring in the transplated area only from the donor area if you have the strip method. I would only lower it slightly but enough to frame my face better. But this is conjecture as I dont know if I'd ever have one, its just a possibility, I may not lower it and have the grafts in my crown area instead, probably the best thing to do to see how good it looks first.
01-02-2012, 06:01 AM,
"not sure what you mean by scars though. "

As the transplants are in effect invasive surgery, each hair transplant creates a 'scar'.
With a very good surgeon, these shouldn't be noticeable when the hairs grow and the skin recovers.
If you had to wear a piece over them, they'd be shaved and therefore more noticeable.
Sometimes implants create 'pitting' where the skin surrounding the implant becomes raised.
For some people they never settle down and others have no pitting at all.
Mine took 5 years to settle down, about the same time I regained feeling in my forehead.

"I may not lower it and have the grafts in my crown area instead, probably the best thing to do to see how good it looks first. "

Remember that not all areas of the scalp will react in the same way.
It will depend upon the blood supply to each area.
Therefore hairs might get 'accepted' in the crown area, but could be rejected in other areas.
01-02-2012, 06:21 AM,
I read 1000's of posts about HT's from those who have had a HT I've never heard of transplanted hairs being rejected.

I have heard of shockloss where the hairs surrounding the new hairs can fall out but recover I have also read that on rare occassions grafts can come out depending on how gentle you are after the op (around a week after).