• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
new super thin lace(Korean)?
10-29-2011, 03:09 AM,
Has anyone tried (or seen it) it?
10-29-2011, 03:41 AM,
RE: new super thin lace(Korean)?
Toplace will not sell any type of products from Korea. There has been a lot of hype about Korean products from another supplier----and a lot of people have been very disappointed with them. To help those people that were disappointed by the Korean products Toplace is currently running a Korean exchange offer that allows a person to exchange a Korean unit for either a custom or stock Toplace unit. The offers expires on Nov. 1. so please hurry. Don't be fooled by the Korean hype.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
10-29-2011, 03:58 AM,
thank you John.
10-30-2011, 03:41 AM,
BA sells them and says its the best thing since sliced bread but giving him money is like giving it to charity without a good cause.
10-31-2011, 01:13 AM,
Ive had a Korean "thin lace". In my honest opinion?
I genuinely think it is incredible. The lace is so soft and disappears like nothing ive seen before.

I ordered quite a few of BA, most of the pieces i got was garbage - i must have been one of the very few who did get a thin skin but im still "waiting" on my other orders - no chance of that

Was wondering if Toplace do something similar to a "Korean" thin skin, John?
10-31-2011, 04:18 AM,
You started talking about thin lace, then thin skin. Which did you mean? I've had thin lace from various suppliers, and Toplace's Swiss lace is almost as thin as the thinnest I've ever seen. Have you seen Toplace's Swiss lace yourself? Maybe John can send you a sample if you email him?
10-31-2011, 08:37 AM,
I had one of the thin lace stocks and it was the best lace I've ever seen. I ordered a lot of pieces from that supplier over the span of a year or more and 90% of them were scrap. The first Koreans to come out were the worst pieces I'd ever seen with thick stiff orange lace and hair that felt like straw but I can say that just before the company went belly up the last few pieces were excellent. The thin lace is phenominal. It was a bit more fragile but if you had it just in the front inch it would change wearing big time. one layer of glue and it's gone. A bit of lace lift didn't matter because you could hardly see it. I really hope Toplace or its factories can source a lace like that and offer the option of having a bit on the hairline. I'm telling you, it's the one thing the other supplier got really right.

What are the odds of Toplace finding a thin lace and offering it as a front inch option? There's no need for an all thin lace piece as Toplace lace is already very good and seems to last a long time before it frays. But a little but of thin at the front and wow we'd have the perfect system!
10-31-2011, 12:14 PM,
What are the odds of Toplace finding a thin lace and offering it as a front inch option? There's no need for an all thin lace piece as Toplace lace is already very good and seems to last a long time before it frays. But a little but of thin at the front and wow we'd have the perfect system!
[/quote]
John could you add this option?
11-01-2011, 02:28 AM,
Well, I was one of the lucky ones, too, in that I think I got one of the "real" thin lace systems from that guy. It was a month late, and I had to hound the guy like you wouldn't believe (I mean I was flat out relentless -- the guy could wake every morning knowing he was going to have an email, a text and a voicemail from me waiting for him), but he eventually got one to me (wrong color, wrong pattern except for the front contour, wrong everything -- the guy just sent me somebody else's order, but made sure it was "bigger" than mine so I could cut it down to size and dye it -- maybe I should have sent it back so that it could be sent to the guy who actually ordered it, but I decided to keep it realizing there was no guarantee that he wouldn't just ship it to another "wrong guy"). I'm still wearing it right now. It's a genuinely outstanding product, and it is the best I've ever seen or worn.

At the moment, I'm waiting on my first custom piece from TL (I've had a couple of excellent stock pieces from TL in the past, beginning when I exchanged an earlier Korean piece that had almost completely shed after less than a month). I'll let y'all know if I notice any significant differences between the new TL piece and the "other guy's" thin lace. If there is, I'll be happy to ship the thin lace piece to John for a "look-see" so that he might consider sending it to his factories as a proto-type. But, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For all I know, I may get the best thing since sliced bread in the mail from John in a couple weeks. I certainly am appreciative of his attention to detail and customer service. I haven't had to blow up his phone a single time or even think about sending any nasty emails. Lol. That's quite a welcome change.
11-01-2011, 08:26 AM,
Hi Fante,
Welcome to the Toplace forum. You've just registered a few days ago and we welcome you. There was a lot o hype out there about lace, the 'new' bleaching method, the 'new' venting method, etc. People need to consider the source that this hype was coming from. Oh and btw, those units weren't made in Korea. That was also more hype to make it sound like there was something 'special' that nobody else had. The units were made in China and the factory rep was Korean--he contacts me frequently as do many factories. We've used the same factory for over 5 years and we're very happy with them.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com