Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 weeks and my template still hasnt arrived...
10-24-2011, 07:46 AM,
2 weeks and my template still hasnt arrived...
I sent my template by UK Royal Mail (Airsure service) on Monday 10th October 2011. It was recorded as being handed over to US mail services 4 days later but since then it seems to have just vanished in the US mail system.

Toplace havent received it. I am panicing as I want to make the change over in December over my Christmas holiday.

Has anyone else had to wait this long????
10-24-2011, 08:23 AM,
RE: 2 weeks and my template still hasnt arrived...
Just at a guess.... there`s probably so much screening/security now with items entering America, it probably adds to delay but it does seem at this point, that there is a problem. Maybe by tomorrow John can let you know if it`s arrived. I know someone posted recently that items requiring a signature will be held separately at the collection point for Toplace to sign/collect [as it`s a post-office box address] Hope it turns up for you.....you could `buy back` a bit of time by having John send the system out to you by Fedex express delivery...will cost you a bit extra but in order to have it delivered for your planned-for time. Surely the Mail company should be able to trace/track it better than just telling you when it was handed over..surely they can tell you exactly where it is ?? I`ve never sent a template by anything other than ordinary [non-tracked] mail and it`s been received within a week . I think I`d make another template and post that off by normal mail--- I know it`s a hassle, but if for any reason your original one is being returned and is in transit, more time will pass by and your delivery date for the system will be set back even further. You can also have John prioritise your order at the factory [there`s a charge for that] but it will help you to get your system on time.... let us know how you get on...regards, Paul.
10-24-2011, 11:26 AM,
i live in america and it took me 2 weeks. so dont worry
10-24-2011, 06:54 PM,
Well if it`s taken 2 weeks for post within America, it`s probably likely John will get it [hopefully] today or tomorrow......very annoying though.
10-24-2011, 11:12 PM,
Thanks guys, yes it is a terrible hassle. I think it may be held for a signature but i dont know who delivers royal mails post for them in usa. Any ideas?
10-24-2011, 11:49 PM,
Normal U.S. mail service i.e. national equivalent of Royal Mail. Contact me as I have a suggestion which may sort this out for you... Paul.
10-25-2011, 12:24 AM,
Ive emailed you thanks
10-25-2011, 01:07 AM,
Hi Benq

I was looking to send my template via royal mail to the US also, and now I'm worried its going to get delayed also, especially with Christmas chaos coming up are there any other reliable services out of the UK.

I refuse to use city link nothing every arrives terrible customer service, and they knock door and leave immediately, without leaving notification of missed delivery.

I'm considering DHL or Parcel Force, express/priority is £20-30 trying to justify the cost but I guess as they offer refunds and compensation for late delivery or loss, also seem to include PO box delivery.

How much did the Royal Mail (Airsure service) cost?

Hope John receives it soon
10-25-2011, 01:23 AM,
I`m going to ask John to give us some feedback in case he isn`t on the forum today... I`ve never had a problem when I sent templates NOT requiring signature, using the normal mail service from Ireland. The PO box seems to be problematic for items requiring signature...I`ve seen other guys experiencing delays when they sent items requiring signatures....cheers guys, Paul.
10-25-2011, 03:58 AM,
(10-25-2011, 01:07 AM)animehair Wrote: Hi Benq

I was looking to send my template via royal mail to the US also, and now I'm worried its going to get delayed also, especially with Christmas chaos coming up are there any other reliable services out of the UK.

I refuse to use city link nothing every arrives terrible customer service, and they knock door and leave immediately, without leaving notification of missed delivery.

I'm considering DHL or Parcel Force, express/priority is £20-30 trying to justify the cost but I guess as they offer refunds and compensation for late delivery or loss, also seem to include PO box delivery.

How much did the Royal Mail (Airsure service) cost?

Hope John receives it soon

Hi Animehair,

It cost £7.37 (it was weighed). The women at the counter told me to use this service so get it to the US faster... To add insult to injury she then asked me to explain what was in it! I had a massive queue behind me so I just said a template for prosthetics. So embarressing... damn you royal mail.
Okay - I have just spoke to royal mail and they checked their computers and told me that the parcel was delivered on 19th October 2011 by USPS...

I just went to USPS and put my code in and it confirmed it was delivered:

"Your Item's Status Your item was delivered at 5:14 am on October 19, 2011 in FARGO, ND 58106."

I am going to email John again and ask him to make sure its not sitting at their PO Box in Fargo...
(10-25-2011, 01:23 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I`m going to ask John to give us some feedback in case he isn`t on the forum today... I`ve never had a problem when I sent templates NOT requiring signature, using the normal mail service from Ireland. The PO box seems to be problematic for items requiring signature...I`ve seen other guys experiencing delays when they sent items requiring signatures....cheers guys, Paul.

Thanks Paul - I have checked and it was delivered by USPS and they DIDNT ask for a signiture. Hopefully it is just in the system of Toplace and will show up Sad