Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help!!! new order check list with pics
10-24-2011, 03:10 AM,
RE: please help!!! new order check list with pics
(10-23-2011, 11:05 AM)JRob Wrote: Those are some pretty comprehensive specs Smile

If you aren't integrating nape hair the color isn't that big of an issue.

Although the styles you posted are fairly high density you have to be careful not to get the density too high. Personally I would keep it at 70-75% MAX. When you first get this thing cut in it is going to have a lot of "loft" to it. Even a standard 65% density can look wiggy until it settles in. I would be concerned that getting up into the 75-80% range that the hair might never truly settle enough to take the wiggy look away. Styling product is your best friend, especially during the first couple of weeks, but even that has its limitations.

Make sure you send pics of the look you are trying to achieve. Might not help but it certainly can't hurt.

Hey JRob, thanks for your reply.

I don't intend on incorporating, my nape hair except for when it grows back naturally below where you would have your nape line up with the clippers. I have requested graduated nape with wispy baby hairs blended into it for a more natural look. Also i generally wear the back longer occasionally currently its 7 inches nape to shoulder. So will be ordering other caps to wear hair longer and shorter for more natural look of growth and mixing up my styles, every 6-8 weeks hopefully.

My hair is naturally pretty high density, I ordered from another company in the past as mentioned above. They just made errors with the base construction, was way too small and the base colour of the silk top didn't match the lace or my skin.

For that order I requested it to have a nice natural volume and bounce at 100%medium density graduated to 120% medium heavy density on the scale and it matched my density volume and bounce well.

My own hair looks wiggy anyway lol, always been asked if it is by loads of grannies since i was little hahaha

Still not sure on how to which colours to blend to blend together of TopLace colour chart either. The tone of hair against skin is more important than the colour.
i.e. don't want to end up too brassy, coppery or ashy then it will look wrong wiggy and fake.

Will be sending all the above pics, they have descriptions in the filenames which don't show up in the attachments on the post.
(10-23-2011, 11:20 AM)drew100 Wrote: Is that picture of you wearing a full cap or is it your natural hair? Because if it's your natural hair it doesn't look like you should be wearing at all. You have a pretty good head of hair I'm those pictures, it wouldn't make sense to shave all that off for a fullcap

Hi drew100

Thats all my hair, or at least whats still growing of it.
I have Telogen Effluvium the mid to long term type.

Fortunately I have quite heavy density hair and manage do a pretty good job of cutting my own hair, as you think it looks full enough not to shave it all off all I can say is thanks!!! was a major confidence boost Smile .

My hairs really dense its like a solid wall of hair, I can barely get a fine tooth comb through a 1/4 inch weft of it, crown and rear sides of vertex is like the most dense part cant get comb through that unless hairs wet.

Downside is that like 40% of my hair is stuck in the telogen phase, its increased to that slowly over the last 6 years, hairs fall out grow back but only short (8-20mm)and dense. It stays static and suspended like that and never falls out again, i have no recession, just diffuse areas of dense short hair. Which my dense remaining wall of hair covers quite well, I think of my hair like a rainforest you have all the tall trees with the lower layer of low growing shrubs and vines hehehe

I could buzz cut but short hair on me looks weird also kinda worried bout not being able to distinguish the rate that the effluvium is spreading.

Sometimes I get an improvement if lucky normalisation in growth in areas but it's effects are short lived, as some 6 months later it just seems to get worse again and migrate somewhere else Sad . Still working with dermatologist to figure out the triggering factors.

NB: If you was wondering, I don't use any concealers or Minoxidil as I'm allergic.
(10-24-2011, 01:57 AM)noneother Wrote: that's pretty much the exact style i am aiming for too! i'm going for a partial though

Hey noneother

Which of the above styles are you aiming for?
(btw I've also replied to one of your earlier post Wink )

Messages In This Thread
RE: please help!!! new order check list with pics - animehair - 10-24-2011, 03:10 AM