Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Cap Stock
10-23-2011, 06:52 AM,
Full Cap Stock
I'm currently in a bind and have been thinking about going full cap (Paul's way with a tiny bit of nape and hair around the ears and side burns). Question: Would getting a stock full cap be a decent option to 'experiment' with this new way of wearing? I realize that full caps should be custom to get the best fit, but if I get a stock and cut it to my template, would it be worth it or is it just too hard to get a decent fit with a full cap stock? I'm sure, just by luck, that it's better for certain size and shaped heads, but I have a pretty small head.

Any thoughts are appreciated from full cap wearers.
10-23-2011, 07:19 AM,
RE: Full Cap Stock
I don't think there's such a thing as a full-cap stock unit. On the 'order stock unit' link on the front page it doesn't have one as an option. Can you imagine having a full-cap 'one for all? Every 'whole head' is so different (unlike a topper) so I think it would be impossible. M
10-23-2011, 08:08 AM,
RE: Full Cap Stock
Fullcaps have to be custom-made ...they`re not available in stocks mainly for the reasons as outlined by MattNH. My nape hair [growing] is extremely thin/wispy but it makes me feel `comfortable` to have kept that little inch or so...the system hair covers it but I reckon that if/when I incline the head down/forward, the casual observer wouldn`t see just bare skin --even with the base bonded on there, there is still some small `movement`in the system hair when the head is inclined forward/down........ I kept just a [very] few millimeters width of hair at the sideburn area behind which the system edge sits...again just for visual effect and to help it be more `forgiving`....it just helps with the illusion . Regards, Paul.