Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about front hair line
10-22-2011, 06:42 PM,
question about front hair line
ive noticed that people seem to have issues with being able to show the front hairline on a consistent basis because of the attatchment. what is it that makes this difficult for everyone? is it the shine that comes through from the glue or tape that makes it hard to show out in public? or is it the fear of the hairline lifting? The reason I ask is because i plan to gel my hair up most of the time with wet look gel.. so wouldnt the shine from the glue or tape just look like shine from the gel? would this be a non issue for me due to the styling wet look product? or is it something more i dont know about because i havent started wearing yet? please help someone.. because im hoping to be able to show hairline more often then not.. (i like gelling my hair down like a cpomb forward and then gelling the from up spikey by the middle are of my head hairline not by the sides or temples)
10-23-2011, 04:56 AM,
RE: question about front hair line
The style I think you're talking about isn't hard to achieve if you will only be showing part of your hairline (the middle) and combing the temples forward. I think this is a great option for hairwearers and it looks clean and modern.

Re: shine: I think there are methods to reduce this that people have talked about (talcum powder, tapping the glue on your head with your finger to dull it before attaching, using a different glue etc). The main problem with hairlines: poorly bleached knots. It will look like little tiny bugs at the end of each hair shaft, not cool. People may not know it's a piece, but they will definitely think you got plugs or something, it will look odd. Even if the knots are well bleached it's hard to have a completely exposed hairline (the entire hairline including temples completely exposed). This is due to the fact that during an "attachment cycle" you are bound to have a little bit of lift or perhaps a tiny wrinkle here and there. And we can't get attachments perfect every time. This is a fact of wearing, your hair isn't going to look the best all the time. Having the option to hide some of your hairline provides a nice buffer to those days that something has gone wrong (a lift, a wrinkle, a couple hairs stuck etc).

HTH
10-23-2011, 08:16 AM,
not really a problem,
just follow the bonding rules,
imo,orwg is great!(for me, my body chemistry)
just remember, clean +dry megga dry both surfaces and youll acheive a rock solid bond.
with the hairline i can be difficult to gauge and match youre glue template to the lace template.
if theres a touch left over it will shine, but its no bigg deal,
no ones ever asked me , if they did id say im sing a new moisturiser, or its hairspray, gell, ect
medfication cream.
i wear my hair spiked up at the front, exposed.
never been a prob in a year,
well i tell a lie, summer can present probs with excess heat, temp, but
it dosent just lift off, the lace might lift a few mm,but nothing anyone would notice, it just looks like skin peel, or fine hairs.
you dont have to be perfect as long as its not way off, way out,
no ones bothered,
look @ the way out wacky hairstyles around, long as the hair is age group appropriate.
donyt worry. its natural to be concerned.
hell im a born worrier, and wear with confidence.
once you feel good about wearing and look great, youll now what we all mean here.
and why we wear.
whats the pay off, looking great, feeling great,
would we go through all the routine if there wasent a bigg payoff at the end.
when youre getting ready to go on a night out, and you look great, feel confident.
then only then will you say, hell thats why i wear.
anty Smile
10-23-2011, 11:12 AM,
thanks anty and expriest. oh and expriest... thats the exact style im talking about. comb forward and spike the middle up front. its like a clean cut hairstyle with gel.
so do you think i should use glue for sure at the hairline abviously? and anty.. i also ordered ORWG from coolpiece. hopefully my body chem works with this.

heres a list of the glues and tapes i ordered

tapes:
super tape
walker no shine
proflex
stick it

glues:
ORWG
Ultra hold
and i will try andother glue before i buy at the salon when i get my cut in
10-23-2011, 11:31 AM,
I used `Got2bglued` to hold the system on for my last cut-in....... it won`t hold right to the very edge as such but it`s easier than fiddling around peeling backing strips off tape with the stylist not too sure of `what`s what` and maybe a bit `wary`of helping out..... it`s easy to apply [simply smear it on by hand and spread evenly over the shaved area] and place your system down onto it--`sets`/bonds within a few minutes but you have time to re-position/move your system if it`s a bit `off`..... any `loose`bit of the perimeter can be held in place momentarily with a finger if the stylist needs you to during styling, but overall I found it very handy..... even if you don`t want/choose to use it at the cut-in stage, it`s something you might like to use or find very handy once you`re used to wearing... Paul.
10-23-2011, 12:12 PM,
also, whats so special about full head bonding? why use tape everywhere instead of just the perimeter.

last question, do i have to get a scalp exfoliater or cleanser. is having shampoo not enough?
10-23-2011, 08:00 PM,
Simply personal choice...some like all-over hold,others don`t. You don`t have to get exfoliator...again a matter of personal choice and maybe some wearers with oily-type scalps find it good, so as to provide the best `foundation` for the new attachment. You asked on another thread about soaking the system overnight..I`ve read posts about that... I know there were a few reasons why guys did it..some like to leave the system sitting in a conditioning-solution while others had found stubborn adhesive residue difficult to remove etc.... I`ve never done it. If you use Lace -release correctly, your system should come free of the head with most of the residue remaining on the scalp....your glue-melter, C22 , or whatever will get rid of that.