Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent/current Fullcap pics
10-23-2011, 11:44 PM,
RE: Recent/current Fullcap pics
In fairness, the factory seems to be getting a lot better as more people go fullcap..the ventilators getting more skilled I guess. You`ll have no blending -in issues with your fullcap.....the first one I got was extremely dense and I had to do a lot of thinning..... the one good thing I notice in the difference between that system and the one pictured above [thinner density] is that the `heavier`one holds it`s style --especially at the nape-- better than the thinner one...it`s less inclined to be blown about by the wind etc. .. I think for my next one, I`ll increase the density by between 5 and 10 % but again, there are many variables at play here...these things are hand-made by individuals and no two systems will be clones of each other....it`s something we just have to live with...but certainly at the nape perimeter, the thicker density really `stays`in place whereas the thinner one can go a little like `rats tails` sometimes.......I`m doing an experiment with a well-known [on the market for years] styling cream/pomade.....so far it`s going well..... I`m just a bit wary of recommending it right now in case it causes issues such as shedding or affects the lace...when I`m satisfied, I`ll name it. In the meantime, I`ll attach a pic of my template....I followed the green line at the temple there and down the side following the red line..kept that tiny bit of growing hair immediately in front . I marked forward ventilation, and more or less forward and down at the front flaps/sideburn area......get your density and direction correct and the rest will fall into place... Paul.
This is the pic of the template before I made the final trim/cuts

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recent/current Fullcap pics - JRob - 10-23-2011, 10:46 AM
RE: Recent/current Fullcap pics - cowboy - 10-23-2011, 07:38 PM
RE: Recent/current Fullcap pics - cowboy - 10-23-2011, 10:13 PM
RE: Recent/current Fullcap pics - Paul In Ireland - 10-23-2011, 11:44 PM
RE: Recent/current Fullcap pics - dino1 - 10-25-2011, 10:37 AM
RE: Recent/current Fullcap pics - dino1 - 10-26-2011, 08:41 AM