Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent/current Fullcap pics
10-22-2011, 10:27 AM,
Recent/current Fullcap pics
Been wearing this system only a few weeks now...am doing an `experiment` using a type of pomade I used to use a long time back when I wore all-poly systems--will post my verdict/results in a few weeks and post the name of the product too.... you may notice the hair looks thicker in one or two pics..that`s because there is no pomade applied in those shots. I tried to get a reasonably clear close-up of the hair line area in one....it`s hard to get the cam to focus in just right but it gives an idea of how it looks anyway..... this is 60% density on top and back and 55% on the sides.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-23-2011, 08:38 AM,
RE: Recent/current Fullcap pics
Two more pics below, showing the base and the system sitting on the back of my hand. The base shot allows you see the `darts` [ joins/creases] which the factory do to ensure the lace follows your template-shape and therefore, the contours of your head.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-23-2011, 10:46 AM,
Hey Paul,

You're nailing it with the system AND the pics! It's great to be able to see your units crystal clear in all their glory.

Definitely an inspiration!
10-23-2011, 07:38 PM,
paul your pics looks awesome, just a question, do u recommend i get poly on sides and back?

Should i go for sfs or rfrensh lace?

Thnaks mate!

CB
10-23-2011, 08:36 PM,
Hi cowboy.....I assume you`re ordering a Fullcap. Most wearers go for French [for the durability] but there are guys who wear Swiss...French can `carry` a higher density more easily [if you intend having a high density] I have 2 Fullcaps, both French. The first one was noticeably coarse in texture compared to what I was used to [Swiss lace toppers] but I soon got used to it....felt a bit itchy at the back/sides initially......after 2 weeks or so , I was fine. The second one was much `finer`in texture.. I even asked John to check with the factory if they`d substituted Swiss...I was just curious.... they said it was French, but I`m still wondering ! lol. Maybe it was just a different grade of French... John tells me some guys wear Swiss Fullcaps....as you`re probably aware, Swiss tends to be less robust. If you go Swiss, I`d advice to get the sideburn area made of French OR a double layer of Swiss as that area is subject to extra strain/stress during removals. I used to have poly strips on my toppers..... I didn`t bother with it for the Fullcaps .... it`s hard to be definitive on it ..so far I don`t `miss`the poly....also, hair is injected into poly [usually] so you might have a variance in the way the hair is lying [vented] on the poly part in comparison with the hand-made/tied-in knotted hair on the lace..... I never had an issue with it on toppers, but I was a bit wary of it for the Fullcap, so I went all-lace as you can see..... I`m quite happy with it anyway..best regards, Paul.
p.s... if you look closely at pic 3, you`ll see where I haven`t stuck the side flap down flush against the skin and the little bit of growing hair I`ve kept, is just visible there....I deliberately didn`t stick it down so viewers can see that.
10-23-2011, 10:13 PM,
Thanks paul for your reply mate. What i hated about my topper was after every attachment, the piece hair compared to m side hair was so different. It took a long time of gel and styling to finally make the piece hair kinda look like one piece with my crappy side hair. I am hoping and praaying that this will be avoided with a FC, and that for every new attachment as soon as it goes on my head it looks like 1 coherent piece that just needs to be stuck and styled a little. Can i be right in this assumption?

I am really weary how natural these FC's will look in realy life. I am sending in my template tomorrow, and really hoping i wont have the topper blending issues with the full cap, and that it really looks natural.

Thanks again Mate

CB
10-23-2011, 11:44 PM,
In fairness, the factory seems to be getting a lot better as more people go fullcap..the ventilators getting more skilled I guess. You`ll have no blending -in issues with your fullcap.....the first one I got was extremely dense and I had to do a lot of thinning..... the one good thing I notice in the difference between that system and the one pictured above [thinner density] is that the `heavier`one holds it`s style --especially at the nape-- better than the thinner one...it`s less inclined to be blown about by the wind etc. .. I think for my next one, I`ll increase the density by between 5 and 10 % but again, there are many variables at play here...these things are hand-made by individuals and no two systems will be clones of each other....it`s something we just have to live with...but certainly at the nape perimeter, the thicker density really `stays`in place whereas the thinner one can go a little like `rats tails` sometimes.......I`m doing an experiment with a well-known [on the market for years] styling cream/pomade.....so far it`s going well..... I`m just a bit wary of recommending it right now in case it causes issues such as shedding or affects the lace...when I`m satisfied, I`ll name it. In the meantime, I`ll attach a pic of my template....I followed the green line at the temple there and down the side following the red line..kept that tiny bit of growing hair immediately in front . I marked forward ventilation, and more or less forward and down at the front flaps/sideburn area......get your density and direction correct and the rest will fall into place... Paul.
This is the pic of the template before I made the final trim/cuts

Attached Files Image(s)

10-25-2011, 10:37 AM,
This is odd. My reply seems to have disappeared. Anyway, to repeat...

These photos look fantastic, Paul. It looks to me like your template only goes down in the back to about the top of your ear. That would suggest you have at least 2 inches (5 cm) of your nape hair. Can you confirm? Thank you.
10-25-2011, 08:10 PM,
Hi Dino...hope you`re well? Pic looks deceptive because the cam was slightly above the head there.... here`s a back view [ignore the black marker-- I didn`t trim back to that...what you`re looking at is the actual finished size] The perimeter sits just under the occipital bone and I just kept the bit of hair from that point down.. in the pic there I haven`t yet shaved/cut the hair back as I was still wearing a topper at that stage...there`s about an inch or so of growing hair remaining. Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-26-2011, 08:41 AM,
okay...thanks for clarifying that Paul. WIth my full cap, the hair in the very bottom of the nape always curls up just a tiny bit. Not a big problem, but slightly frustrating at times. I appreciate all your photos Paul.