Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleaching Help Needed
10-21-2011, 03:46 PM,
Bleaching Help Needed
hello, i got my system (not toplace's) today and unfortunately the knots haven't been bleached at all. i've attached a pic. i went about bleaching them and followed the instructions and yet it had no effect.

Here are the products I used:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Creme-Develop..._vc=SEARCH

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Powder-Lighte..._vc=SEARCH

I mixed them up into a paste and turned the base up upon a styro head and slathered the paste with a plastic knife all over the underside, smooth and even. Then I left it in for about 40 minutes and rinsed it out. Nothing.

I just cut a piece of hair and will next try to bleach the hair itself to see if the ingredients even work.

Does anyone have any tips on what the problem might be? This is so annoying by the way. lol

Attached Files Image(s)

10-21-2011, 07:51 PM,
RE: Bleaching Help Needed
Really surprised to read that....products seem fit -for-purpose too. How come the makers didn`t bleach them before shipping to you ? If you ordered bleached knots you should have gotten them.. I`d return it to them if it arrived to me like that, though you`re probably in a hurry to get wearing it....you shouldn`t have to buy bleaching products if you`d ordered bleached knots from who ever supplied it. Debbie sells a bleaching kit too.. maybe others who`ve used it can let you know their results.
10-21-2011, 08:55 PM,
(10-21-2011, 07:51 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Really surprised to read that....products seem fit -for-purpose too. How come the makers didn`t bleach them before shipping to you ? If you ordered bleached knots you should have gotten them.. I`d return it to them if it arrived to me like that, though you`re probably in a hurry to get wearing it....you shouldn`t have to buy bleaching products if you`d ordered bleached knots from who ever supplied it. Debbie sells a bleaching kit too.. maybe others who`ve used it can let you know their results.

Wow that definitely should be sent back! If you try to bleach those knots the hair is going to shed very quickly. You could lighten them up a bit but a full bleached knot wont happen. I have tried on 2 occasions and ended up with more hair in the sink then on the piece. If you have to "stick" with this piece do the bleaching in in stages. If you try to bleach at one time thats when the hair will shed. I have used Garnier and Londa in the past. Londa has the bleaching powder to mix with the creme and is very strong.
Michael
10-22-2011, 03:29 AM,
Unfortunately Paul is correct, I need this now, I don't have a spare.

Michael, if what you're saying is true re: the shedding if I try to bleach this properly, then it would follow that the factory couldn't bleach them either, correct? Or am I missing something? How does the factory bleach these?

I tried using my mixture on a 1" cut of the hair and it didn't even lighten it. So I really think there's something wrong with this product, what else could it be? But it seems odd still, I can smell the peroxide strong, why won't it color? Arrggggg
10-22-2011, 03:43 AM,
I presume you`ve seen a few of these tutorials? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic1SkVqiK0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBy0N_9bYJI
I`m sure if you e mailed Debbie she`d be able to advise you as to what might be wrong. michaelg is right....bleaching weakens the hair and can give rise to early hair loss/shedding from your system..... from the pic you posted above, it really looks to me like no bleaching was done before shipping to you.....hope you can get to the bottom of this..must be very annoying...regards , Paul.
10-23-2011, 01:25 AM,
I've tried bleaching pieces loads of times, even toplace ones and the bleach did nothing. I use the strong stuff. Nothing. I even tried kitchen bleach. Nothing. Next I will try 100% Sulphuric Acid. I doubt that will work either. Then I'll try fresh lava from a volcano.
10-23-2011, 01:25 AM,
I've tried bleaching pieces loads of times, even toplace ones and the bleach did nothing. I use the strong stuff. Nothing. I even tried kitchen bleach. Nothing. Next I will try 100% Sulphuric Acid. I doubt that will work either. Then I'll try fresh lava from a volcano.
10-23-2011, 04:31 AM,
Soo.....

I have tried bleaching twice now, NOTHING. This time I bought that bleaching kit from Sallys (the one in the first video Paul posted). I caked it on the piece and left it on for NINETY minutes. Zilch, nada, nothing.

This begs the question: how does the factory do it?????????? I don't understand, do they lighten the ends of the hair before they tie them? Does anyone know this? Why is it such a secret?

I can't wear this damn thing with all these knots. I swear, wearing can be such a pain, you really need to invest like 1K and buy several pieces from several suppliers and hope that you get a couple good ones and then never order too late. This just sucks, it's my only piece, and I can't wear stock units as they have WAY too much density. So it's always pay, wait, and then bam: something's wrong. The last 4 pieces I've ordered, all problems. One of them was through that ass BA, and I don't expect to ever get it.

There is something seriously wrong when there's this much competition and yet it seems hard to consistently get a good piece that's bleached well
10-23-2011, 04:41 AM,
I don't know if it is a good or bad idea...but why don't you order a blonde piece and color it ?this way the knots will be blond so easily to hide.
10-23-2011, 05:23 AM,
Andrei, you better believe that's what I'm going to do from this point forward. With this last one I really just wanted to have the least amount of effort to go into it. I just wanted to put it on my head, get it cut-in and be done and relax for a while. The past few months have been horrible. None of the other pieces had knot issues, so I wasn't thinking I would get knot issues. I was worried about other things like color, density and true-to-template-size bases, etc.

Even if I order the front and temples blonde and dye them myself, I still need the knots bleached everywhere else as my density is thin (like 50% tops). I can't look like I have little bugs in my hair.

I just can't understand why we pay good money and then have to do all this stuff on our own to try and correct what should have been done. In my case I can't even correct it. These knots won't bleach.

I thought knot bleaching was standard practice. Why would anyone with darker hair want knots? And if someone mentions shedding, what does it matter when I have all these knots? I'd rather have a faster shedding unit that had invisible knots than a long lasting unit with knots everywhere.

Wait, I just re-read your post. You are talking about ordering the whole piece blonde and then dying it. Hmm... sounds great but it seems that it would be much harder to get the dye far enough down yet avoid blonde roots; the risk of staining the lace would be high. However, dyeing just the front isn't hard at all. You can use a small artist brush to get right at the root. Either way doing the whole piece is a lot of effort. If I'm going that route I should just find the cheapest supplier and order blonde units and bear some of the labor myself.