Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on venting
10-18-2011, 11:35 PM,
Question on venting
Which type of venting does everyone mainly use. What's the advantage if the freestyle vent. Hope some users can post their opinions.
10-19-2011, 12:42 AM,
RE: Question on venting
Basically Freestyle venting ties the knots in more loosely to the lace, so the hair lies not in a pre-set/particular direction, so it can be `trained`by the wearer into whatever[ general] style they like....obviously for more precise styles like swept-back or spiked front it`s best to have the system made in the desired style [ `default` if you like] Once a freestyle system `settles in`after 2 weeks or so, and has been `trained` into what way the wearer generally styles it, knot-sealer can then be applied to `lock`the knots and prevent them becoming undone and hairs shedding....that will also have the effect of `setting` the system into whatever style/ direction the hair is lying in at the time the sealer is applied.
10-19-2011, 07:14 AM,
I always order forward ventilation. Works great for me even if I spike the hair.
10-20-2011, 01:38 AM,
So would you say a freestyle unit is more prone to shedding quicker over other vents because the knots are looser?

(10-19-2011, 12:42 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Basically Freestyle venting ties the knots in more loosely to the lace, so the hair lies not in a pre-set/particular direction, so it can be `trained`by the wearer into whatever[ general] style they like....obviously for more precise styles like swept-back or spiked front it`s best to have the system made in the desired style [ `default` if you like] Once a freestyle system `settles in`after 2 weeks or so, and has been `trained` into what way the wearer generally styles it, knot-sealer can then be applied to `lock`the knots and prevent them becoming undone and hairs shedding....that will also have the effect of `setting` the system into whatever style/ direction the hair is lying in at the time the sealer is applied.
10-20-2011, 06:46 AM,
No .... knots can become undone on any system...the `looseness` of knots on a freestyle is minimal compared to a `set`style. Hair swells when wet so even tighter knots can become loose and can become undone over time . Knot sealer just applies an acrylic layer across the base [lace] and helps hold the hairs in place....some wearers don`t bother with it and apparently have no issues with shedding..... I`ve always used it `just in case`.
10-21-2011, 01:39 AM,
What knots do most users choose it do they just send a photo with what style they desire. One question is how short do most people cut. Is an inch too short. Ive already made a template and will look at ordering in the next few weeks and get it cut in by Debbie.
10-21-2011, 05:01 AM,
The shorter the cut, the less forgiving it can be.....an inch is a bit short to `play`with ... at that length too you`ll just end up with literally straight hair ----any `wave`you order will have been cut out/off and end up on the floor ! Obviously if you want straight hair that`s fine but you`ll defeat yourself with any bit of wave if you cut it so short. Just send in a pic or two of a style you`d like [keep it as near as you can to your original style when you had all your own hair] and it will be very helpful to ensure you`re happy with the finished item....Debbie is great at styling too ! Just send her pics of how you want it to be ..she`ll be able to work from that. Regards, Paul.
Pics of various styles here : http://www.4hairstyles.com/mens.htm
10-22-2011, 01:21 PM,
Thanks for the info. I was looking at about an inch cut but I'll check the link given. How long does it take when a system is ordered from Australia and getting debbie to cut it.
10-22-2011, 07:41 PM,
Actually... was just having a look at an old topper I have here..the hair is cut to about an inch and it looks fine... I`l take a pic later and post it here. Generally if you go very short, you`re almost into `buzz`territory which can lead to visibility issues with the base/knots. Having Debbie cut it should add no more than a few days over all....John will send it to her and she`ll post it on to you.....I`m not sure of the average overall delivery times from when you send your template to final delivery to Australia.... there are a few Australian customers here so hope they can let you know.....I`ll pop that pic on in a while... Paul.
10-22-2011, 10:52 PM,
Just goes to show how things `guesstimates` can be SO wrong! I measured the hair length...it`s just over 2 inches ! The pic quality is not too good as I used that webcam thing rather than the digital camera. This is a very old topper [ almost a year old] which I haven`t yet discarded...am experimenting with a type of pomade to see if it affects the lace etc. --that`s what the shine is on the other pic...... just posted it so you can see what a topper with that hair length [just over 2 inches] looks like. Cheers, Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)