Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
perimeter option for full cap? smooth but durable
10-18-2011, 11:42 AM,
perimeter option for full cap? smooth but durable
Ever since I started wearing hair 4 years ago, I've been using wigs with SFS swiss lace all over.

Considering the life-span of my hair pieces (about 4 months) the first thing that becomes an issue might be a fraying of the edges of the base - where I use to tape it down to my head.

Now I'm going for a full cap, just done an order an expect to have it year by Christmas. It's SFS allover again. However, I wonder if there ain't other options for me to give a try. Something that lies SMOOTHLY down my scalp, so one can hardly feel the edge. I've once heard (from a female hair wearer) that she wore something with kind of silicone edge - that she said was about impossible to feel with your hand, because it smoothed so gently down to the skin. (durability far over a year)

Is there something comparable here in the Toplace base options?

I'm wearing a rather long hairstyle, but for the front I think I would stay with swiss lace...
10-20-2011, 10:28 AM,
RE: perimeter option for full cap? smooth but durable
Maybe she was referring to some kind of `skin`material ? Most guys go for French lace on fullcaps for durability even if they have a Swiss front....... I know of some who wear Swiss fullcaps.... they can be subject to a lot more `stress` from removals at the sideburn part....that can be reinforced with a double layer of Swiss there, or get that part made of French..... I reckon knot-sealer applied to the base helps prevent fraying, especially on the more delicate Swiss lace. I guess you might be able to have a `skin`material for the edge/perimeter at hte sides and back...you could always e-mail John and he will be happy to let you know if it`s practical for a Fullcap...... Paul.